Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Creative Crew- Eastern Elegance Collection for Someone Special


I made this card for the Creative Crew September 2013 challenge.  This challenge is CCREW0913DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - DSP/Color Focus: Our journey of self improvement begins with Eastern Elegance designer papers or the colors crushed curry, coastal cabana, smoky slate and whisper white.

Make a project using these colors for someone you admire. Tell us why this person is significant to you.

This card was super quick and easy to make. Since I had to use the Eastern Elegance paper or the colors of the Eastern Elegance paper, I wanted to shake it up a bit, and use the Eastern Elegance paper but keep it very simple as well.  That was my part of the challenge!



I wanted to make a birthday card for my sister.  She is my best friend.  She was the first person I thought of when I read the challenge.  We are four and half years apart but I talk to her everyday.  Either on the phone or in person, we speak to each other!  We are always texting silly things to each other.  I hope my boys grow up to be as close as my sister and I are now!
I recently got the Cycle Celebration Stamp Set and could wait to break it out and use it!  I loved the samples in the catalog made with this set and I have to say that is what sold me!  But there are ssssooo many possibilities with this set!  I couldn't wait to stamp those candles and make my own background paper.  I used several different ink colors: coastal cabana, smokey slate, soft sky, and pool party.  I loved how all these colors worked together!
 

I broke out my Gorgeous Grunge Stamp set again.  I am hard pressed to put this stamp set away since I use it so much!  It really is the best stamp set I own!  I am not sure I have ever used one stamp set more, and I have only had this set since May!!!
I used the Apothecary Accent Framelit set to cut out my cycle.  
I love using parts of the stamp set on the inside of the card.
The Envelope Liner Framelit set finished this card with a coordinating envie!
This card turned out so nice, I used the same format for another card! 
Thanks for visiting and be sure to check out all of the Creative Crew's projects this month at www.splitcoaststampers.com
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle
 

1 comment:

  1. OK I need to get the envelope liner on one of my upcoming orders. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...