Friday, September 20, 2013

Bootiful Occasions File Folder Christmas Card


I figured I would round out my week with another fun file folder card.  I wanted to say that I have had several comments on how to make them.  I did not do a tutorial of the file folder card because there are some GREAT videos on youtube on how to make them!  I have watched several, each has a little different take on them which is fun to see and compare.  But even better to try them out for yourself!  There is one step that I found a little confusing, which side of the paper to trim off after you make your tab and punch on each side.  The videos show it much better than I could in pictures.  And since there are several tutorial videos already, I didn't feel like I could add anything new to the idea by doing my own tutorial.  Do a search on youtube for file folder cards- there are several videos!!  And then.....test it out for yourself!!!
 
I made this card using the Bootiful Occassions Stamp set
 
Isn't this a great stamp set!!!??  I love that it is an all occasions stamp set!  I will tell you that I cut the sentiments off the boot part of the stamp.  I made one solid cut so I can use them with or without the sentiments.  Keep in mind, these are your stamps, so make them work for YOU!!!  This way, I can enjoy just the boots or the boots with the sentiments!  Perfect for me!!
 
 

I also used the Tape It stamp set for the Washi tape at the bottom of my card.  I used the Tag It framelit set to cut the boot tag out.  I added a paper doily as a layer- colored with a sponge dauber and a piece of chevron ribbon!  I love this ribbon!!  Also I add some candy dots to the side of the card.  I love the candy dots.  Great way to add some interest without bulk or weight!
I used the Winter Frost DSP on this card.  So pretty!
 




When I add a sentiment to this card- I will stamp it on a piece of whispering white cardstock and layer on top since my piece of DSP is so busy!  
 
I need to stop making file folder cards.....but I can't!!!!!  So much fun!!! 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.  Do you have any crafting plans this weekend?  My younger two boys have a soccer game at 11:00 am and then it will be crafting time after that!!!  Can't wait to sit down and work on some of my ideas that I have floating around! 
Michelle!!!
 
All Stampin' Up items can be found at my online store 24/7:

1 comment:

  1. I have this set and love it too. So fun. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...