Saturday, August 3, 2013

Mojo Monday Challenge with Stampin' Up Christmas

I have been having a great time starting some Christmas cards.  I am loving all my new toys from the Stampin' Up Holiday Catalog.  The Santa's List Stamp Set was the first item on my wish list!  I love classic Christmas stamps!
 

 
 
I made this card using the sketch challenge from Mojo Monday .  They always have the best sketches and I could wait to play along when I say this week's sketch.
 

 
When I start a card, I have a general idea of how I want the card to turn out.  Some of those ideas work and some of those ideas don't work.  I adapt them as I work.  I thought I would do the vertical stripe in the sketch as a layer of paper embossed.   When I went to add it to my card, it looked to heavy and hide the Natural Composition Speciality Designer Series Paper that I wanted to use on this card.  I love how the paper resists ink.  Then an idea sprouted!  I used a scrap piece of paper and inked the vertical stripe ONTO my DSP.  This let the ink resist really show through but still kept in line with the sketch.  I used a sponge and Old Olive Ink to create the vertical stripe.  I add ink splots from the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set to the rest of the DSP base.

 
I love the how the music notes pop!





I love the old world feel to this card.  I used the Red Glimmer Paper behind my stamp.  It added just enough bling to the card but still kept it distressed looking.  I love the glimmer paper!  Best of all, the glitter in the paper doesn't rub off!  I cut the circles with my Big Shot using the Circle Framelits . 

Part of crafting is using what you have on hand.  I had this great distressed twine that match my card.  You could also get this look by distressing the Cherry Cobbler twine with some crumb cake ink.  
Nothing says Christmas like a Santa stamp!








I save all my holiday sentiments!  I love finding the perfect holiday sentiment for the inside of my cards!  Dig in your stamp collection!!
 
Thanks for stopping by and visiting!  Are you ready for the Holidays yet??
Michelle
 


1 comment:

  1. Love love love this idea. The resist works so well on that paper. I need to pull that paper out more since I do love the look. Ho3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...