Wednesday, August 28, 2013

How to make the Thinlet Cards bigger- more space to write!!!

I love the new Circle Card Thinlets .  I have been making so many creations with them!  Everyone one of them is so much fun to play with!  My only complaint...and I say complaint very very lightly (because I LOVE these dies!)....is that sometimes I want more room room to write a sentiment on the inside  of the card.  In normal cases, the sentiment or little note would be on the back of the flip circle.  But what if I wanted to write more??  I will show you the PERFECT and EASY solution to making your Thinlet card BIGGER!!!!  I would love to say that I was so smart to think of this myself....but I wasn't and saw it from another demo online: Patti's Stampin' Spot!  Thank you Patti!!!!  I wanted to share with my readers, Patti's GREAT tip!!!!!


Finished Happy Birthday Thinlet Card
 

When I normally create an A2 size card, I cut a sheet of 81/2X11 cardstock in half, score at the 41/4" line.  Now take that same sheet of cardstock and use it with your framelit.  Using the magnetic platform really helps in this situtation to make sure your paper is to the edge of the framelit.  The framelit is not going to cut the flush side of the paper at all- it is already cut for you.....it will cut and score the circle flip part.  Place the right hand side of your paper OVER the framelit.  As you can see from the photo- it is LONGER than the framelit itself- and the framelit will do NO cutting on this side either!  Run this through your Big Shot (after you put the top mat on as well- it is  off in the picture to show you how your paper should look but do NOT cut without the top mat on!!!!)
This was a hard picture to take so I hope you can see- there is a dent where the framelit edge which did not cut the paper was, where the paper went OVER the framelit....THIS is your score line for the extra flap!!!!!

So when you take it all out of your big shot- you should have this!  Now fold and use your bone folder on your score lines.
 


When folded up- your card looks like the normal flip it card- and it fits into a size A2 envie!  But when you open it up- you have now created an additional flap!!!!


I left the extra flap blank so I can add my message later.


In this photo, you can see the extra flap folded out.  Perfect, right??!!













I love these thinlets and this makes the even more usable!!!  I love it!!! 
 
All Supplies to make this card can be find at my online store:
Thanks for visiting!
Michelle!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! It is so great since I was wondering about writing too. So great and you could add a picture or anything with all that extra space now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...