Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Have left over holiday items? Give them new life!

We all love new items for our stamping rooms.  But we all have older collections laying in our stash, unused.  It is time to dig those out and give them new life!!!  The new Stampin' Up thinlets are a great way to put life back into those older collections we have hoarded!!  The thinlets are super easy to create special fold cards. 
I had some Halloween designer series paper left over from last year's Holiday Catalog .  I wanted to use up some of the DSP but in a new way!  The thinlets was a great way for me to do that!
 

I normally don't use DSP as a card base but for the thinlets is works well.  The card doesn't have to hold up the weight of the front of the card, so DSP works!  I love this!!!  
I even had some of the tags left over from a kit last year.  Don't be afraid to cut up those tags and make them into something else!!!



The accessory pieces that come with the thinlet sets are really great!  I used the star and the chevron piece to cut the tag up!


I used my large scalloped edgelit to create a fun border on the card.



Have you tried the new thinlets yet???  You will LOVE them!!!
 




The envelope liner framelits are great to use some of the DSP to make a cute envie to match!!
It is always nice to use up some of our supplies and the thinlets make the old look brand new!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Boo!!! Love it as usual. I'm going to have to add these thinlets to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and ideas. I have some old DSP too. When my thinlets get here, I will dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Love all the dsp you've used...great way to show off the double sided papers with this die.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...