Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sympathy card

There is never a good time to make a Sympathy Card.  Any card maker know it is better to make it in advanced of a need.  Now, why didn't I listen to my own advice??  Unfortunately, I am in need of a Sympathy card now.  My brother-in-law's mother passed away.  Prayers go out to the Jaco Family.
I wanted to make a simple but elegant Sympathy card.  While I was pondering what to make this morning, I looked through my stamp index.  I have a binder of all my stamp sets.  Sometimes this sparks and idea.   I wanted to use the Sunflower background stamp for this card.  I think it is a great male flower, if there is a good flower for a guy!  I also used the Thinking of You single stamp.  I used the new circle framelits to cut out the "Thinking of you" part of the stamp.  I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set again!  How many cards have I used this set on???  LOTS!!!!
This is my card that I came up with:

One way I come up with my ideas is to look at blog challenges.  Sometimes a sketch sparks an idea, sometimes it is a color challenge. 
I used the sketch:
I loved this sketch, simple & perfect to use with my two stamps that I wanted.
 
I also used the challenge from:
This challenge required you to use three items from the list:
1. Let's Go Outside
2. Flowers
3. Step Into It (make a step card)
4. Rainbows
5. Clouds
6. Ribbon or Twine
7. Paper Piecing
8. Emboss It
9. Dies & Punches
10. Metal Embellishment
 
I used #2 Flowers- obviously.  I used #6 with the twine.  I also used #9 Dies & Punches by using the framelits to cut out my sentiment.



The Gorgeous Grunge Set added a little color to the color without over whelming the design.

 
I also entered this card into the Anything goes Challenge at:

 
For the sentiment inside, I found this stamp at a stamp store in Las Vegas.  I think it is perfect for the inside of a sympathy card for a loved one. 
 
Thanks for taking the time to visit.  If you don't follow my blog, take a second and follow me!!!  I love new crafting friends!
Michelle!!!

7 comments:

  1. It feels wrong to say I love it but this is a great sympathy card. I agree I always say I'm going to make them ahead of time but I so rarely get a chance to. :( Keeping the Jacos in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card i am sure it will be appreciated. Always hard to make a sympathy card. Thank you for joining our challenge at DICC .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice card. Sorry for the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love the neutral colors for a sympathy card, and the yellow splatters are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply beautiful! Elegant and so perfect for a sympathy card. Sorry that you needed it but I'm certain it will be greatly appreciated. Glad you shared with us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative card - gorgeous flower and the splatters are a great feature!

    Thank you for participating in the Anything Goes Challenge at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love the ink splatter. Thanks for joining us at DICC. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...