Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Stampin' Up sneak peek holiday catalog card- Remembering Christmas

Time for another sneak peek from the up coming Holiday catalog.  The Holiday catalog will be live August 1st.  All items will be available at my store:
 
This card uses the Remembering Christmas stamp set (#131763).  This was one of the stamp sets I just had to have. 
 
Deer heads are on trend right now in decorating.  Even if you are not a hunter!!!
 

 
This is an orange deer head in my son's room. It goes with his Pottery Barn camo quilt on his bed.  The quilt is shades of blues.  I love that his room had his flare to it but doesn't look like camo puked in it! 
 
 
Of course, as a hunter, this is my son's other deer head, his first doe. He has his big buck still being mounted.....oh joy.   I'm not crazy about the real ones, but it is his hobby and he loves it!
 
This one I would put in the main part of the house (Kyle's deer heads have to stay in HIS room).  How great is this one???  I LOVE the sweater over the deer head!!! My sister found this one online, but it is PRICEY!!!   Deer heads are just so popular right now!
 

 
With this card, I got to play with a lot of fun layers.  I had found some flakes glitter at AC Moores for $1.00.  I had no idea what to use it when I bought it but at $1, how could I go wrong?  When I got out my stamp set, the flakey glitter popped in my head, it reminded me of the sweater deer head, warm and fuzzy.  I had to add it to this card!  I used heat & stick powder to get the flakey glitter to stick to the edges of my layer.

 
I stamped the deer head in versamark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder on vellum.  This is the first time I have used vellum on a card, but I have to say, I love the look and will use it again soon!!! 

 
This picture shows the new frosted finishes embellishment that will be in the new catalog (#132150).  These are GREAT bling!!!  So pretty!  I love that you can see the chevron ribbon peeking through the velum.

 
I used the apothocary accents framelits to cut out the deer head. 


 
I used the Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack (#132183) to make this card.  It was hard to decide what paper in the stack to use because they all have such great shades of blues.  So pretty!!
 

 
The inside of the card.  I used another stamp in the Remembering Christmas stamp set.  
I had to show the back of my card.  I have a bunch of customize stamps.  I love them!!  I think with the deer head on the front, I had to use the deer name stamp that I had!!! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  If you don't FOLLOW ME, take a second and do!!!!  I love new crafting friends!!  
Michelle!!!

2 comments:

  1. I bought this set. I lived in PA at one time and I understand needing to hunt deer for food,but it doesn't mean I ever wanted to do it.
    I bought this for my gag cards. You did great with the fuzzy glitter. I could never get that stuff to stick well. Now I know what to use.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...