Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stampin' Up Bow Die- Sneak Peek!!!

I recently did a post about the new bow die from Stampin' Up.  It comes out in the Holiday catalog, which goes live on August 1st.  See the blog post here:
 
I really LOVE the bow die.  I think it makes GREAT bows, fast and easy!  I wanted to make a card with the bow die.  I used the smaller sized bow (it makes two sizes).  
I included the "tails" of the bow on this card which does make it a little wider than my standard A2 card.  You can leave them off, or tip the tails downward instead of making a "bowtie" bow.  I will simply use a larger envie if I mail this card.  

For a card, I folded the bow slightly so it can fit in an envie. 
This card is filled with sneak peeks!!!  I used the new Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack (#132183).  I also used the new Frosted Finishes Embellishments (#132150) which are the beautiful rhinestone snowflake in the middle of the bow.  I also used the Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#132174) to emboss the white vellum sheet.  I also used the new A Banner Christmas (#130255) stamp set on this card for the JOY.  I found the washi tape at AC Moores. 




I loved the washi tape as soon as I saw it, I thought of making a card with it.  Since the new Holiday catalog has some great new snowflakes and matching framelits, this washi tape stood out to me.  
I really like the stamp set I used.  It is a great accent set!  




I also used an image from the stamp set for the inside.  I used a piece of Pool Party cardstock on the inside.  Since it was a white card, I wanted to make the inside different, Pool Party is still light enough to write on.  Pool Party is one of the colors in the DSP pack as well.  The Winter Frost DSP has some great shades of blues!!
I always stamp my name on the back of the cards I make.  I have a couple of cute custom stamps.  I am always looking to add more to my collection!


Colors Used:  Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, and Whispering White.
You can see that the bow can be creased to fit into envelopes. 
I want to use the bow die on a scrapbook page and also I still want to decorate a box with it as well.  Look for those projects soon!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
You will be able to find all these items at my store on August 1st:
 
Michelle!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...