Friday, July 19, 2013

Project Life- part 5- Bella

I am up today with a new Project Life or maybe I should call mine, Project Summer Part 5!!!  I am trying the new scrapbooking format and loving it.  If you have read my parts 1,2,3,and 4- you already know that I am using it to document our Summer!
Our big arrival this summer is a new puppy!  Well, she's kinda new, new to us but she is a year old.  She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  These were the photos of Bella that the breeder sent us via email.  I think my boys studied these pictures everyday.  They fell in love with her over these pictures. These were the only photos we had and a description of her.  Do you drive the four hours to check her out and pick her up???  Yes, we did!!!!  I had to print them out and scrap them!
 

These aren't even the best photos but since they were the first that we saw of Bella, they are important!  

The long strip on the side of the page insert is great for titles, but I wanted to mix it up a bit and use it for journaling.  After all, I don't want the whole album to look the same, right?



Any time I get to use my rotary stamp, I pull it out!  I wanted to stamp Bella's birthday on her pictures!!  
To stamp directly on photos, I use stazon ink .
The next picture shows probably the oddest item I have done in the album so far.  I wanted a space to put her name on the page.  I had found these over sized soda tops at Hobby Lobby.  I love the soda tops that Stampin' Up carried in the Spring catalog so I gave these a try.  The giant size is fun.  I smooshed it in my Big Shot just like I do the normal sized ones.  They smoosh fine, although I do think the Stampin' Up ones were better quality.  After I smooshed it, I cut out a circle to fit inside of DSP using my circle framelits.  I love framelits.  I simply fit the framelit inside the bottle cap until I found the size I needed. 
The letters are from thickers.  I have to say, I was not impressed with these when I first got them.  I was glittering them and then putting them on my pages.   The glitter was not sticking after I moved them.  My friend told me to put the glitter on AFTER I adhered them to the page.  I thought it would make a big mess.  Nope, worked fine.  Basically these are stickers that have sticky sides on both sides (one to place the stickers, one to decorate the stickers).  I have to say, putting the stickers in place and then using my glitter glass was much easier.  I loved how the title turned out.  I finished off the soda cap with some banners cut from my scraps of my DSP.



 
I have found that I use my framelits a lot with albums.  They make great accent pieces, masks, mats, shapes, even titles!!! 
 
Hope you enjoyed part 5!  Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...