Monday, July 8, 2013

Project Life- part 4??- BRACES!!!!

This summer my goal has been to scrap the everyday stuff.  I think this is the area I am lacking in my scrapbooking.  I thought Project Life, or Project 365 was the perfect way to do this and to try out this format of scrapbooking!  I have to say, I am addicted!!!!  I love that I can put together a page of mismatched pictures of our week OR do a theme page. It is quick and easy!  Each pocket section is its own mini canvass.   For Part 4- I did a theme page.  My oldest got his braces on.  Well of course I had to scrap this big event in his life.  (My middle son is getting his braces on, phase one, in two weeks......yes, I'm broke!!!!!)

I recently picked up some more refills for the album.  I was using Becky Higgins Project Life kit.  And while it is a nice kit, the pages were all the same.(two formats, horizontal layout or vertical layout)  I found some refills at AC Moores that were for We R Memory Keepers albums.  I am a huge fan of their albums.  I love the leather covers, nice colors, and that they are d ring binders which is a plus for me since I scrap out of order, I never have to take apart another post album to move a page around!!!  The WRM refills fit into my Becky Higgins album perfect.  The pack of refills was a variety pack.  I love it!!!  I definitely think this is the way to go!  I like the variety of the layouts.  The layout refers to the way the pockets are orientated on the page. 


The first section I did was the title.  While I don't think every page in project life needs a title, I thought this page did!  The long skinny space on the side of the page was the perfect place for my "BRACES" title.  I actually spent a lot of time making my title.  I cut out each letter out of chipboard.  If you don't know, chipboard is a fancy name for cardboard.  I used a thinner cardboard since I was using thinlets and my big shot.  The chipboard I used was the backing that came in a paper pack!  Nothing goes to waste!  I always try to keep three or four of these on hand.  After I cut the letters out with the thinlets, I went back and cut the same letters out with my cardstock.  I ran the cardstock through my xryon so they could be adhered to the chipboard.  This gave my title bulk that I need to wrap my twine around them.  The wrapped twine was supposed to be for the braces "wrapping" around the teeth!!  :)


 
 
The best part about Project Life and the pockets on the pages is that I stick the photos in and decorate them.  I use coordinating paper on each page.  Stampin' UP Designer Series Paper packs makes this very easy to match everything and even use matching cardstock!  (and the twine matches too!).  I think this is really where Stampin' Up shines! 
When I do these pages, I keep my stamp binder on my desk, and I whip out any that stamps that I can use and ink them up.  The new Yippee-skippee stamp set has some cute little sayings.  I had to use the yippee-skippee one for this page.  I think my son was all excited to get braces....until he realized how they hurt!!!!  (insert evil mommy giggle). So think of saying the yippee-skippee in that sarcastic teen voice!!!!  hee-hee!!!! 



I love this Hello Foxy stamp!  This was one of the individual stamps that Stampin' Up offered a while back.  These have been some of the cutest stamps, don't pass that section up!!!!  I had to include this picture of his bottom braces.  The amazing this is that within four days, his bottom braces were straight.  You can see how crooked they are here.....four days!!!  That's amazing!!!!!
Since his teeth were so sore, shakes really helped for those first few days!  Half price shake day at sonic can in perfect time!!!

I had to include a picture of Kyle LOOKING at his braces in the mirror.  I swear he did this for the first week ALL the time!!!!!  Insert mom eye roll here!!!!!  I have gotten out my framelits and dusted them off, the type of albums are perfect to use framelits and embossing folders to add details!  I am using up DSP, using my framelits and embossing folders, and a great way to use up left over stickers!  I am LOVING Project Life!!!
Thanks for stopping by! 
Michelle!!!

5 comments:

  1. so fun to scrap this! my son just got braces this summer too!! you have inspired me to scrap it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page!

    Iwanted to scrap my daughter and her braces but she freaked out! "No way Mom!!" So I put up the paper I bought. Now that was several years ago, I could probably get away with scrapping it now, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I think it depends on the situation: say, the overbite would be too severe, that scrapping the braces can cause severe side effects. We wouldn't want to get ahead of ourselves:)

    OrthoSynetics.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Kyle was very excited to see how his braces would look. Unfortunately, he has to wait longer in order to notice the changes. How is he now? I hope you can track the changes that occurs in his teeth. By the way, nice scrapbook!

    JonathonCarpenter@SimmondsDentalCenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Braces are tough to deal with, I know some dentists in Arizona who clean a lot of peoples teeth who have braces

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...