Monday, July 29, 2013

Christmas Gift Cards- Sneak Peek Stampin' Up Holiday Catalog

I made some quick fun little Christmas cards.  These are great to stick in a gift bag.  I love this size of cards.  I made my cards 3X3 but if you have scraps that are smaller, you could use those to make little gift cards especially if you don't want them in an envie.  You can slip these into the gift bag or hole punch them in the corner and tie with a ribbon to your package.  I used some new stamp sets from the Stampin' Up catalog.  These will be available at my shop on August 1st:
 

This was one of the first sets I placed on my order.  I have done another card with a deer head on it:
Deer heads are all the rage right now in decorating.  This set, Very Merry Tags (#130402) has a bunch of different tags in it, but it was the deer head stamp that I just had to have!!!  I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set on this card.  I am wearing out this stamp set.  Perfect ink splatters every time!!  This is a great set for those that like the splattered look but never get the right results when misting.  
 

 
This card uses the new chevron punch.  I love chevrons!!!  (Chevron Border Punch #132154).  I used the Tags for You stamp set (#131823) and punched it out using the new Label Bracket Punch (#132153).  These can also be ordered together as a bundle to save you 15%- #133294.  There are four tags in the stamp set.  My colors for these cards were Crumb Cake, Old Olive, and Cherry Cobbler.  I always find these to be great classic holiday colors for me.

This card uses the Very Merry Tag set again for the Naughty or Nice tag.  I LOVE this one!  I used an accent from the A Banner Christmas set (#130255).  A Banner Christmas is a great set for accents to build on.  I plan on using for my Christmas cards this year.



This card using the Tags for you set again and the Label Bracket punch.  I also used some of the Cherry Cobbler Coredinations paper, embossing it and then sanding it to show the lighter color.  I love coredinations paper and was thrilled to see it offered in every color family now! 
 

 
For the last card, I used a set out of the main catalog, Tag It set  and the Chalk Talk Framelits

 This is the set of cards all together. 
 

These next photos, I wanted to include them on this blog post.  I get card ideas pop in my head, and some work and some don't.  Here is an example of something that kinda works, but not thought out well........

The card on the left is the card I used.  What is wrong with the card on the right???
I kept the same colors throughout my cards.  But here is an example of how color placement is important!!!!  Unless the person getting this card is a hunter, the Cherry Cobbler makes nice blood looking splats!!!  Probably not the Christmas Merry Message I want to send!!!!  LOL!!! 

 
We all make mistakes, and I didn't even notice this until I put the card up to take the picture of it for the blog post.  UGH!! Back to the crafting table I went to switch my colors around!  Now if I can figure out how to make a Zombie card for my Walking Dead fans using the ink splats as blood splats....those fans would LOVE it!!!! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. oh I see a challenge coming up for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of Gift Baskets Hungary. You can now order online and send gifts and flowers to Hungary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the special little details. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...