Thursday, June 20, 2013

Project Life Part 4

This is my fourth page of Project Life, and I have to say.....I LOVE IT!!  I am getting more used to it, used to the different format and learning how to use up some of my supplies!  I am founding it easier to use my stamps on the little pockets.  I see each little area as a mini page.  So I decorate each pocket differently but with them coordinating on each page.  This page was about my youngest son's soccer team and his championship win!
The biggest thing I have found is that you have to pay attention to which direction your pockets are going, horizontal or vertical.  I am looking for some more inserts that have a different layout on them.  I think it will add some variation to my first Project Life album.  This is a GREAT way for younger kids to get into scrapbooking.  It can be as detailed or as simple as you want it.
The first picture is on my son and my niece after his game win.  (She just got her braces on, bless!!!!)  I stamped directly on this picture with one of my Stampin' Up stamps from the My Paper Pumpkin kits.  I love that the kits can be useful even after you do the project!  I used stazon black ink for this since it was on a glossy surface. It did require a bit of drying time so keep that in mind if you stamp on photos (maybe about 10 minutes).

This space I used the new Stampin' Up coredinations paper.  I am LOVING that we now carry it in every color family.  http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=129953  This one is from the brights collection.  If you have never used Core'dinations paper before, it is GREAT!  It is sandable cardstock for an antiqued, distressed, color-popping look. Outside layers are exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors—one side textured, one side smooth. Inside layer monochromatic color. Reveal inside layer by sanding, tearing, distressing.  Embossing folders are a great way to use the Core'dinations paper.  I used the hexagon folder here:  http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=129378
I also used the new stamp Gorgeous Grunge  for the ink splatters.  I love ink splats and I love to mist, but very rarely do I end up with uniformed looking splats.  The new stamp set is a GREAT way to add it to backgrounds.  I have used this stamp a dozen times so far and only had it a week!  I am going to say for my style of scrapbooking or card making, this stamp maybe one of the best used stamps out of the new catty for me!
I added my son's soccer patch to this spot.  The kids earned patches when they played hard during a game.  Each kid normally earns to patches a season.  We never had time to put them on Jesse's jersey and since next year's team will be a new jersey....using them as an accent on his page was a great way to save them.  I layered it in a flattened bottle cap from the Spring mini (flattened in the Big Shot).
For my journaling card, I used a Stampin' Up stamp from the Spring mini.  I love the rain and the girl with the umbrella.  It rained and delayed our playoff games for a week so this was a great way to add that detail to my journaling! 

This is a picture of Jesse with his metal but you can't see the metal.  Geesh!!!  But I loved this picture.  I love that his hands still look babyish here to me!!  To make the banner at top, I used the Hearts A Flutter framelits .  If you are like me, I love banners, but I am not so good at cutting them out myself.  These framelits make easy work of them in the Big Shot.  If you don't already own a Big Shot , I highly recommend one from every crafter!  I really don't know how I crafted before without one!!!  I used a page out of an old book to cut the banner out.  I added one of the brights buttons from Stampin' Up to match the other elements on the page!

For this space I added Jesse's team picture.  This isn't the best, the sun was in his eyes but oh well, what can you do!!??  I jazzed up the space with a tag!

Here is an up close picture of the tag.  I cut the tag using the new Chalk Talk Framelits .  I seriously love these.  I think they are the BEST framelit set yet!!!!  I stamped the tag with the Yippee- Skippee Stamp Set .  This stamp set is not listed as coordinating with the Chalk Talk tags, so look in your stamps to see what will work with your framelits!  I love to find new surprises that work with a new product!!!  (Isn't that sentiment adorable!!!!!  I HAD to get this stamp set!!!)

The littler spaces I used up some pictures that I took of the last game.  This was the two teams that played in the championship game.

Now here is where it gets tricky - to use this smaller space, I wanted to keep the whole page for the soccer game.  The picture that I had left was of THREE kids.  It didn't fit in my space.  I cut it to work, and used the  other half of the picture on my next space.  
Sometimes you have to adjust in these type of albums.  I got it to work and got the page done! 
Hope you enjoyed this part 4 of my summer Project Life album.  If you have any questions about any of the Stampin' Up products used, feel free to ask!
Happy crafting!
Michelle!!!

1 comment:

  1. ok seeing all you've done I think the Chalk Talk set is moving up my list very fast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...