Saturday, June 8, 2013

How can I work in a truck into a Thinking Of You card???

If you have followed my blog for any amount of time, you know the joy I get for working with trucks, equipment, anything BOY when I can. I have done a Christmas card with a dump truck before!!!  I am not sure if this comes from owning a construction company (my *other* job!) or from being surrounded by three boys! 

My boys!
 
 
I am not a girlie girl so maybe deep down, I just wanna play with trucks in the mud!!!  Here is my card for a special friend that is sick in the hospital.  I hope it puts a smile on his face and brights him room a bit!



 
 
  This is an old Stampin' Up stamp from my stash.  I just can't let it go, it can work for so many things! Do you have a stamp set that you just can't let go of?  I think this set came out in 2004- still wonderful!!!
I used several challenges for this card.  The first challenge is for: http://abcchallenges.blogspot.com/
This week's challenge is ABC31 'Masculine'

I love masculine cards and scrapbook pages and since this card was for a male friend = perfect!!!
 
This week's challenge theme was NEED FOR SPEED.  I think anything with wheels works for this one!  I used to find simple cards the hardest to make.  Now I find the LESSISMORE cards turn out to be my favorites that I make.  Styles change I guess!
The next challenge is from:
 
 
I think this week's challenges were right up my alley!!!!
 
The last challenge is a color challenge from:
 
 



I used the colors misted in the background for a subtle effect.  



The truck is stamped in Island Indigo Stampin' Up ink.




 
I have started trying to use all my stamps that I have hoarded  collected.  ;)  I find that I can use them on the inside of cards too!  I love that they are making the inside of the cards just as nice as the outside of cards!





 
I had a lot of fun with this card and really hope our friend enjoys it!
Thanks for stopping by and if you are not already a blog follower, FOLLOW me!!!  I love new crafting friends!
Michelle!!!

6 comments:

  1. I have that stamp set, I need to pull it out, I love that truck. I work for a trucking company so I can relate to liking the truck stamp, LOL! Your friend will definitely enjoy the card. I really liked the embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this card made me smile big time! I especially LOVE the color mists and zig-zag embossing, looks like tire tracks! Ha! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have many stamp sets that I just can't let go of! Your card is so fun with that image and the embossed background. Your friend will surely love it! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun card for your friend... it will definitely brighten his day! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO EXCITED for you! Congrats on the shout-out at CASology - so well-deserved, as this is a super fun & clever card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card, Michelle, I love the stamp you used! I was sad when it retired, you did a great job with is! I played with trucks and dolls when I was little, I was the third girl! So happy you joined us at the colourQ, goo job with the colors, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...