Saturday, June 8, 2013

Graduation Challenge Card

FINALLY!  A Saturday for crafting!  This spring has been busy!  I am so behind on getting some cards done.  I finally got a chance to do a graduation card for a friend. 


To get the juices flowing, I used a sketch challenge for this card:
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/

Here is the sketch:
This is such a great sketch- I didn't change a thing!!!  GREAT design!!!! 
 

I was trying to find out what I wanted to use for my banners.  Then it hit me....Itty Bitty Banners Framelits!!!  I have always used them with stamps and never just for banners.  Sometimes I feel silly for not thinking outside the box for using an item.  I guess I had it stuck in my mind that I needed to use the stamps with them, but tipped on their ends, they make nice thin banners!  Perfect banners every time!

 
I cut out the curved banner as well thinking I would use it but it didn't look right when I put them on my design so they weren't used.  Ever do that???  Think something is gonna rock and then....nope it kinda fizzles out??!!!  Oh well.  I still got great banners!



I used the new Stampin' Up In Colors for this season.  I really them!  I used sponge daubers to make the polka dots on my sentiment piece. 



I inked all the banners around the edges to make them pop out more.

Don't forget the inside of the card!!!  I am loving the new photopolymer stamps from Stampin' Up......I think I have ordered everyone they offered so far!!  I love that you can angle the banner slightly on your clear blocks. 

 
Here is the finished card with the flash on.  I never like the light on my crafting mat...


 
This is the card in natural light.  I think it shows off the new in colors really nicely.  Baked Brown Sugar is my FAVORITE!!!!  Great base for cards!




Thanks for stopping by!  And don't forget to "FOLLOW" my blog...I love new crafting friends! 
 

3 comments:

  1. This the season for great graduation cards! This one is so colorful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is fabulous! I didn't even think to use Itty Bitty Banner framelits for the banners - I cut mine out by hand (doh!). Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and fun to make! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...