Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day Card

Happy Saturday!!!  Unfortunately, my plans didn't work out for a girls' weekend of cropping at Archivers, but I decided to craft with my friends in spirit!!!  Today's project was to put away my Stampin' Up order from the new catalog and enter my new stamps into my stamp binder.  (I will make a post about my updated stamp binder soon!  Life saver for me!!)  With that done, I wanted to play with a couple of my new toys!  Stamps are always my favorite to play with!  I am really excited about some of the new stamps in the catty!  I also needed to get a Father's Day card done today.  How could I combine then into ONE project??
 
Play with my new boy stamps!!!  They are always my favorite and this year's are no different!!!  I love the new "You're My Hero" set!  I had to make a card with it right away!!!

I was able to make the Father's Day card with the help of the two new stamp sets and an old favorite!  Dinoroar has a great grass stamp!  I can never let my favorite boy stamps go!!!  

I made this card using a GREAT sketch from: http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/
 

 
I made this card using: Riding Hood Red, Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Soft Sky and, the new color Smokey Slate.  I really love this new color!  I was amazed how pretty it was in person!

 
I got to play with my new Magnetic Platform for the Big Shot.  I have to say, this might be my favorite item from the new catty!  So easy to use those framelits on!  I loved that when I took it out of the box, my new set of Chalk Talk framelits were stuck to it through the packaging! 


Chalk Talk Framelits
 

 
 

 
I am loving the new Chalk Talk framelits!  They make the PERFECT tags!!!  Easy!!!
 


 
I wanted to have fun with the inside of the card!  You're My Hero has a personal significance to my husband so this set was perfect! 

I used the chevron embossing folder with Gumball Green Core'dinations paper and sanded it to get the lighter effect.  I loved the sketch but didn't want to use another color- this was the perfect way to add it to my card!

 
I also entered this card into the challenge at:
This week's challenge was JUST FOR DAD!
I had a lot of fun making this card for my boys to give to their dad tomorrow!  I am sure he will love it!
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad, Grandfather's, Uncle's, and GREAT male friends that travel with us in life!!!
Michelle!!!
 
 
I love new crafting friends!  Take a second and FOLLOW this blog!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card with so many elements! Love how you pulled from three sets to create this! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card Michelle! I love those little vehicles! Love that embossing!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I should have had you make one for me too. ;) Poor Michael doesn't get a card. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...