Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dreaming of the ocean..... So I made a card!

It's Summer time!!!  And I am dreaming of the beach!!!  I can sit in the sand and look at the ocean all day long! Being in and near the water makes me very happy.  It melts all the stress in your life away!  
 My Aunt lives near the beach.  She was hit hard by Hurricane Sandy.  Her house was flooded.  After many repairs and rebuilding, she is due to move back into her house at the end of the month.   My sister and I are making her a welcome back home gift as this has hit her hard.  My sister is cross stitching her a Welcome sign that is a beach motif.  It is very pretty.....still a work in progress though.  We are also going to included some pretty new garden flags for her yard.  I am making her a note card set.  I am sure she will be sending out Thank You cards to all the volunteers that have helped her rebuild.  The note cards will be perfect for her.  This is one in the set I am making.  I left the inside blank so she can add her notes easily. 
I needed to make the note cards simple since she may be mailing many of these.  Flat and simple was a must for this project.  I used several challenges to design this card. 
I used the card sketch from:
 
This was such a great sketch, it inspired me right away.
 
I used the color challenge from: http://colourq.blogspot.com/
These colors are just so pretty! 
 
This card also fit into the challenge at: http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/
The theme this week was SAND.  Perfect!!!  Not only is my card ocean/sand themed but my Aunt's house was wiped out my Hurricane Sandy!!! 
 
In keeping the card simple and flat, I couldn't use bulky embellies.  The new candy dots from Stampin' Up were perfect!!!  A little splash of color!!!


Very easy to use by themselves or can be added to the brad bases.  I used them by themselves here. 



 
This is simple and sweet! Thanks for stopping by for a look!  Take a second and FOLLOW ME!  I love new craft friends!  To view the card set made for the gift, click HERE .
Michelle!!!

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! I love the sea images. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet! I love the colour mix, and those stamps are so wonderfully detailed. Awesome that she's finally getting back home! Thank you so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun sea card, Michelle, love that embossed background!Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that coral image!
    What dreadful news about your aunt's house!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card michelle... love that stamp set

    Thanks for joining us this week x
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...