Monday, May 27, 2013

When you need that "special" card.....

Today I am sharing a card that I made for my son.  A store bought card WOULD NOT do!!!!  Hallmark doesn't make all the cards you will need.   Of course, I HAD to make it myself!

 
From the outside, this seems like an odd "I'm sorry" card.  It will all make sense AFTER you see the inside!!!
I dug out some of my retired Stampin' Up stamps.  I never get rid of any stamp sets with cars, trucks, tractors, or anything of the sort because with three boys....I always find a use for them!  This is an adorable set!  The car was PERFECT for this card! I fussy cut the car.



In this picture you can see that I embossed a piece of cardstock with my tire tracks wheel stamp.  I ended up not using it in my design but you can see it works really good with this stamp set! 
I created this card for for challenges.  The first challenge is at:http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2013/05/week-121-recipe.html
This week's theme was HUMOR.  Once you see the inside of the card....humor was the only was to go!



Here is the insert to the inside of the card!  Yes, we needed a "I'm sorry" card because one of my boys went on a school Camp trip last week.  Great trip for all the kids.  BUT....  on the way back from camp, apparently he got car sick...and well........puked in the back of one of his friend's cars......five times!!!!!!!!  Seriously.  As a mother....I am HORRIFIED!!! So hence, I think humor was the only way to go with this card!!!  We are also sticking an Autobell Car Wash gift card inside for the dad! 
I got to use my new photopolymer stamps from Stampin' Up.  I really like them.  The other two releases will be on my next order!  GREAT quality!!!
I used the colors from http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/

I really liked this color combo.  For my card, I used Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, and Gumball Green, all Stampin' Up colors for cardstock and inks.




For the sketch of the card, I used:  http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/

I really liked the sketch.  I liked the clean lines and the two "spots" that I could add some background to my car.  My main theme of the card was a car, so I wanted to show that first and foremost.  I think the sketch worked nicely for it.
I was also able to use the challenge at:http://drunkenstampers.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/drunken-stampers-challenge-129-the-hangover/

I loved this challenge as well.  First of all, who doesn't like The Hangover movies???  And this card fit it so well, since it was from a road trip and puking involved!!!  See, perfect fit!!! 
 




I used my banners framelits set.  I have used these framelits so many times. 


I was able to use my soda tops from the Spring Stampin' Up catalog.  These are the mini ones.  I love this and was very sad not to see them make a return in the catalog.  If you are wanting some of these, make sure to visit my online store: www.michellemcgraw.stampinup.net to order them soon, they will be gone June 1st!  I flattened these in my Big Shot....sssssoooo much fun!!
This picture makes the top button look purple....it isn't, it is navy but the lighting made it look weird.  I even had to go back to my card to double check! 


 
Hope you enjoyed the card, and more importantly.....I really hope the parents' enjoy the gift card for a car cleaning!  Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle!!!

15 comments:

  1. I'm sure they will appreciate the humour of this card as much as the gift voucher inside. Hope your son feels better now though

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. so. very. much. It is indeed "special" and fills a market that Hallmark is foolishly ignoring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I haven't seen the movie from what I hear your card is perfect. Love it. thanks for joining us at the Drunken Stampers for the Hangover challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that has made me giggle.. hope he loved it!!

    thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muahhhhh ha ha ha ha
    Awesome card Michelle!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers for this week's "Hangover" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! LOVING your Card!! This is such an AWESOME Take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! what a funny story, I am a mom of 3 boys, so I TOTALLY get this card. LOVe your design btw. great colors and love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! So very cute! The inside is just awesome. Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, so I'm gasping, laughing, and covering my mouth...and laughing some more. I can SO understand your sense of horror - but seriously, who could manage to hold a grudge with a gift voucher PLUS seriously the funniest card I think I may have ever seen. Hallmark really doesn't get everything covered. I'm still giggling. I am SO GLAD you came to play with us at the Drunken (hiccup) Stampers, because you totally made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am all about putting the punch line on the inside of my cards, and OMG! Yours is absolutely BRILLIANT! I can't stop laughing at the reason for such a card! You are so right in saying that Hallmark doesn't have a card for everything! LOL! Thanks so much for playing along with the Hangover challenge at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card!
    I'm sorry I'm so late visiting but I've been in a rather chilly Italy for the last week on a choir tour!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. PERFECT!!! I would keep this card forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card! I am sure they will appreciate the voucher that's included as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle! Just wanted to let you know that you are our Life of the Party for the Hangover challenge at Drunken Stampers! I am still giggling over the story and the inside of your card - PRICELESS!!! We hope that you get a chance to play along with our current challenge: Breakfast at Tiffany's! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...