Friday, March 1, 2013

Butterfly layout

 
Crazy week here!!!  I am here!!!  :)  Trying to get tons of work done before my big trip next week.  I also drove on a field trip this week with my older son's class.  They went to Loaves and Fishes to sort food for community service.  The kids did great!! They sorted almost 2 tons of food!!! Last night, was scouts for Owen.  He showed great leadership at the meeting last night and has earned a "special" recognition of that!!!  Way to go Owen!!!  Today is grandparents day at my kids school so the boys are excited that Grammie is coming for a visit!!!  This weekend is Owen and Jesse's first soccer practice of the season.  They are both excited to be back on the soccer field.  I am excited to be asst. coaching again this season with my brother-in-law, David (for Jesse's team).  I love working with the kids!  Spring time is such a busy time!!!  (Is it officially spring???  It is coming soon!!!)
I am also in the process of cleaning out my craft stuff.  I am going through my stamps.  Time to purge some stuff that hasn't seen ink in a long time!!!  Hopefully, someone else can give these stamps some love!!!  I am also redoing my stamp binders.  I will do a post about them when I am done.
Now on to my layout.  I did this layout a couple weeks ago.  I really wanted to play with the Swallowtail Stampin' Up stamp in the new Spring catalog.  I love this stamp.  I love that it is a big stamp but offered in clear mount which I think is a first!!!!  I love clear mounts!  This is a great stamp!  I fell in love with the stamp from the sample in the catalog. 
 
 
The image is embossed with Pool Party embossing powder.  Then I used the champagne shimmer paint and my aqua painter to create the shimmer.  Very pretty!  This picture captures some of the shimmer.  I also used the new mini butterfly punch out of the Spring catalog.  I wanted LOTS of butterflies on this layout. 
 
 
This picture was from my high school graduation.  Yes, big hair!!! :)  The title was stamped on the newsprint DSP.  I distressed the edges. 
 
 
 
 
This was a fun layout.  I loved using the butterflies to symbolize taking flight to the next level in my life.
Hope you have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend!!!  I will be packing for VEGAS baby!!!!!  :)
Michelle!!!


2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful layout really like the title "Next Level" I like how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so pretty! Love the scatter of butterflies and the huge embossed one as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...