Sunday, February 3, 2013

You are never to old to like a Galaxy Far Far Away.....Star Wars Card

Who doesn't like Star Wars?  I mean really!!!!  I can remember what I ate for dinner the night that my parents took my sister and I to the drive-in, yes a drive-in, to watch Star War IV- A New Hope.  Technically the first Star Wars movie but now the fourth one in the series.  I was maybe six or seven???  I didn't make it through the whole movie.  Yes, I fell asleep.  But I was a fan ever since.  (oh and I eventually got to see the whole movie! :) )  I enjoyed watching the new releases with my kids.  With the Clone War cartoon, I think the fan base is just growing and growing!
My youngest son and I used all my Star Wars stamps to stamp wrapping paper for a birthday party he went to.  I got out some kraft paper (the paper that comes with your Stampin' Up order to keep the order from moving around) and got out all the Star Wars stamps, and let Jesse stamp his heart out!!!  We stamped the paper all over with the Star Wars stamps. Jesse had a great time stamping...although I kept telling him he didn't need to slam the stamp down on the paper.  We'll work on it!   So cute!!  I realized that I have never done a card with these stamps!!!  I set off to make some Star Wars cards right away!!!
 
 
For this card, I used a sketch from http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/
This is a great sketch!  I love the simple elements and was open to a lot of interpretation.  I changed up my shapes but still kept the same lines and elements.
 
 
I also entered this card into the Anything Goes Challenge at http://twistedtuesdaychallenges.blogspot.com/
 
I also entered it into the Anything Goes challenge at http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/
 
 
I used Stampin' Up colors: Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Red Riding Hood for my cardstock.
 
 
I colored my Riley and Me jedi stamp with my copic markers.  Isn't he adorable??
 
 
I got to play with the new Stampin' Up bottle caps.  I love these!  It is so much fun to smash them in my Big Shot!!!  And so easy!!  I open my multipurpose platform to tab 2.  (so people use no tabs, it depends on your Big Shot and how tight it is).  I place the bottle caps open side down onto my clear plates, make my sandwich and run through the Big Shot.  Perfectly smashed bottle caps!!!   LOVE it!!!!
No matter what Galaxy you are from, I hope you enjoyed my Star Wars card today!
Michelle!!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cute card, love what you did with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!! Any Star Wars fan will love this one!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...