Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sympathy Card



Unfortunately, there are times when we all need a sympathy card.  I made this card for the card challenge at : http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2013/02/challenge-131-theme-challenge-sympathy.html
 
 
I am sure that when the time would come to have to make a sympathy card, my mind would be blank.  What a great challenge!  I wanted to keep the card simple so I went with a clean and simple look.
 
I used the flower from the new Stampin' Up set Oh Hello in the spring mini catalog.  I love this set and this shows how versatile it is.  I used my Stampin' Up markers to color the flower in each time, stamping my strip over and over.  I kept my colors simple keeping with pink tones for the flowers. 
 
 
I stamped the sentiment in versamark to keep it simple and soft.
 
 
I cut out the sentiment using the framelit from the Apothecary set.  I love this set, so many uses for the great shapes.  I like how the card turned out.  Simple and clean.  I hope I can put this card in my card box and not have to use it anytime soon!!!  Great challenge and really took me out of my normal comfort zone of making cards.  Normally I try and make cards that would make someone smile. 
Thanks for visiting!
Michelle!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. I really like this. Sympathy cards are SO hard for me. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! I am so glad you embraced our sympathy challenge this week. You've made a lovely design by stamping the single flower repeatedly--I wouldn't have thought to use the Oh Hello flower in that way. It's fabulous! Love the soft and subtle colors too...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty card Michelle. The flowers stamped on that pretty paper are so subtle and sweet. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...