Sunday, February 17, 2013

Star Wars Princess Card


I can never get enough of Star Wars!!! The nerd in me just beams every time I use these stamps. 
 
 

This was a fun card for me to play around with.  I created it for several challenges.  The first part came from a sketch at: http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2013/02/mojo-monday-280.html
 
Here is the sketch:
 
 
This sketch was a challenge for me.  The diagonal strip really threw me off.  I wanted to try it!!! 
 
I used the colors from:
 
The colors for this challenge are:
 
 
I love color challenges because it helps me use colors that I normally would not.  Pinks are harder for me to use so these are great!  All cardstock used is Stampin' Up.
 
 
 
With having three boys, I don't have a ton of girly stamps.  Princesses are not  big in our house.  BUT, Leia was a PRINCESS right?!!!!!  My kids are such Star Wars fans, we have a golden retriever names Leia.  Yes, after Star Wars!!!  My oldest named her!  I figured Leia was better than Padame'!!!  
 
The last challenge is for: http://blacktiefriday.blogspot.com/
 
For the challenge of :
 
 
I love adding texture to cards!
 
 
I love this sentiment!  How fun!!!  I used the Stampin' Up piercing pack to add the dots around the edges.  I used my Old Olive marker instead of my paper piercer.  I have gotten a lot of use out of those peircing packs!!!
 
 
 
I considered coloring the stamp in but I wanted to keep it white.  It just seemed to look better white to me. 
 
 
 
Overall, this was a fun card for me.  I liked using the chevron punch to match the chevron embossing folder. 
Thanks for stopping by!!  I always love visitors and comments!!!  While you're here, follow me!!!
Michelle!!!

10 comments:

  1. Come to the dark side...we have cookies....muaahhhhh ha ha ha ha
    I LOVE IT!!! (total Star Wars nerd here too)
    Love that you used a marker with the piercing pack...what a great idea, I have never thought to do that!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us again this week at Drunken Stampers for the Miss Congeniality challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, LOVE!! Where did you get these stamps??? I must have!! :) Love how your punch matches the texture folder, and I think I want some of those piercing packs! That's a lot of challenges to combine together. Good Job & super cute. Thanks for playing with us Black Tie Fridays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the stamps at :
      http://www.alotarubberstamps.com/ars2011/viewItemDetail.asp?pid=4920&mid=34&cid=131 Shop around, they do have some others as well, other than the pack I linked. I love these stamps too!!!

      Delete
  3. What a fun card! Love the different textures you used! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love the sentiment, and color scheme. Just adorable, thanks for playing with Black Tie Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGee!! Your rocked all of these challenges! Being a Star Wars geek, I adore the stamp image and sentiment you used! (I think I'm gonna have to get that one myself!) Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers Miss Congeniality challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun card, the sentiment is great, thanks for joining us at the Drunken Stampers for Miss Congeniality challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA! This is awesome!!! Totally fabulous interpretation of the princess challenge. I love those stamps...and that you left it uncolored. Fab design. Thanks so much for joining us at Drunken Stampers. I hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delightful image. Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, I love this image it's so much fun! Thank you for joining us at the Drunken Stampers Challenge! I hope you play along with us again soon.

    Jackie, Drunken Stampers DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...