Friday, February 22, 2013

Sketch Challenge for a Layout



Cards or Layouts?  Which are my favorite?  BOTH!!!  I have been scrapping longer than making cards.  I was organizing my room the other day and came across my wedding and honeymoon albums that I made.  Has it been 16 years already??  It doesn't seem like it but those scrapbooks sure do look it!  I was amazed at how the albums have changed so much.  All the scrapbooking toys certainly have gotten better!!!  I recently started making cards.  But I find cards to be more of  a challenge for me.  I love challenges!  I have been doing tons of cards lately so it was nice to get back to some scrappin'.  



Sorry about the pink craft mat in the picture but it was the only way I could get a good picture showing the embossing made into the layout.  I made this layout for a sketch challenge at:
 
 
What a great sketch!!! 
 

 
I love using Very Vanilla for a base.  It kept the layout simple even though there are a lot of patterns on the layout.  And it showed the misting really well!   I made some glimmer mist from Midnight Muse and misted the Very Vanilla base.  I used the Borders Scoring Plate to add the embossing to the base.  I love this tool!!!!
 
 
The patterned paper is left over from October Afternoon.  The doily sticking out from the picture was distressed with ink.  I love using up scraps on layouts.  The doily was leftover from a card I made earlier this week! 
 
 
I used the accessories pack that came with some of my October Afternoon paper to add the circles.  I inked the edges. 
 
 
 
This is my oldest son.  How cute is he??!!!  I love when he wears blue- his blue eyes really pop!  I wanted to use a lot of blue on this layout to match his eyes and his shirt.  This is just a quick picture that I took after going out to dinner one night.  He loves to wear his camo Santa hat in December.  I think he has it in his school bag everyday of the month!  His Christmas spirit!!!  Love it!!!
 
 
My favorite type of ribbon: seam binding!  If I see seam binding- I buy it!!!  I don't think I could ever have to much!!!
 
 
I took this picture to show the larger splatters of ink.  I love the Stampin' Up misters, they are cheap, a good size and give a nice mist.  My complaint?  Well, it isn't a complaint.....they mist so well, I don't get the irregular mist that I get with some misters.  (which really isn't a problem!!) I make my own irregular splatters!  I simply take the top off my mister and use the straw part to drip ink onto my layout! 
 
 
I really liked the sketch and had a good time with it.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Thanks for stopping by!!!
Michelle!!!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. The embossing detail is awesome! And I love the subtle misting. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout! Love all details. Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your participation in our sketch!
    Beautiful page, kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page
    tks for playing with us at SIT
    xx
    Leila
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous layout. Love the embossing and your clusters of gorgeous embellies! Thanks for joining in at Sketches in Thyme.
    Maven Mel
    melsmetime.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, gorgeous take on the sketch, love how you combined patterns so beautifully!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...