Sunday, February 10, 2013

Just Keep Swimming! Whale Challenge Card


Last day of the weekend!!!  Sundays are always hard for me, I want to get so much done on the last day of the weekend.  Yesterday, I spent the day with my middle son, Owen.  He had a Cub Scout Outing, had lunch together, and did a little shopping together.  No crafting but a nice day with my little guy!! 
Today I am crafting!!!!  Isn't this a sweet card??!!!


 
 
This card is totally out of my comfort zone!!!  First off the colors are colors I never pick, soft and muted.  Pretty though!!! I love trying color challenges, it pushes me to use colors that I don't think about using!    I used these colors for a color challenge at:http://thedynamicduoschallenge.blogspot.com/
 
 
I used Pink Pirouette, and Whispering White and, Pool Party.  I wanted to keep this card muted and soft so I used a lot of white. I used this sketch from: http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/ 
 
 
I have always wanted to enter a challenge at Mojo but haven't been able to hit it just right yet.  I adored this sketch!!!  The dotting around the outside of the card layer was an element I wanted to keep very true in my card.  I used the paper piercing Essentials pack to help me keep my dots nice and lined up!  I love these paper piercing packs!  You can pierce with them or use markers!    I used my Stampin' Up Pool Party marker.
 
 
 
My theme for my card was from: http://drunkenstampers.wordpress.com/
 
 
As soon as I saw the theme, I thought of the new Oh, Whale! set from Stampin' Up.  I haven't played with this set before today.  Let me tell you it is fast becoming a favorite!    I also used the matching clearlit that cuts out the whale, Happy Whale,  and I used the Stamp Wheel, Oh, Wave! as well.   I love playing with new toys!!!
 
 
I used the new bottle caps and smooshed them in my Big Shot. I never tire of smooshing those bottle caps!!!  I used the Itty Bitty Stamp set to put a fish in the bottle cap. 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this fun card!  Remember if you like the whale set and matching accessories, grab them up before the Spring catalog goes away!!!!
Michelle!!!

16 comments:

  1. This card is so adorable, I love the soft colors and the little bottle cap is beautiful. Gorgeous card you totally rocked that challenge! We were out scouting yesterday too and the weather was horrible but we got it done. My son is wrapping up those last few things for his Arrow of Light. He crosses over a the end of the month. Time sure does fly, it seems like just yesterday that he was a Tiger. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Love the colors!
    Thanks for playing along with us at drunken stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love EVERYTHING about your card! the colors, the layout, and especially the sentiment! I'm not sure why but it strikes a cord! (grin) Thanks so much for playing along with us Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Love how you smoooshed the bottle cap and added the little fish! A perfect card for the Finding Nemo challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLD! UP! WHAT??? You ran the bottle caps through your big shot?? OK, I MUST find this info out!!!! I am IN LOVE with the itty bitties caps so HAVE to see what this is all about!!! Thanks SO much for helping us Find Nemo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smooshing part is ssssoooo much fun!!! And super easy!!! I take the bottle tops and put them in between my two clear plates, I ope the tab to number 2 (depends on how tight or loose your Big Shot is, some people use no tabs on their multipurpose platform) and crank it through!!!! EASY!!!!!

      Delete
  6. This is sooo cute! I've got to figure out how to smoosh those bottlecaps properly. It's not working well for me. Did you find any videos that could help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend placing the caps face down...not sure why but I get a better result. Also, try different tabs on your big shot. Some people use tab 2 like I do, some people use no tabs on their multipurpose platform. It depends on how tight your big shot is. I found the SU bottle caps to smoosh very nicely. I have tried some other ones but I wasn't thrilled with those results so maybe there is some variation between brands too. I like the mini caps that SU has, those are my favorites and what got me to give bottle caps another try. I am so glad I did!!!!

      Delete
  7. I love the smooshed bottle cap. I didn't purchase them because I thought they might be too "pokey" on a card....but now that I know this information, I may have to reconsider! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! Love the pink ribbon with the bottle cap centre - fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, this is ADORABLE! I love that itty bitty fish on the smooshed bottle cap, too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle this is such a cute card! Love the whale, the patterns, the white space, and that cute little fishy in the smooshed bottle cap! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers challenge #114: Finding Nemo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, this is adorable! I love the bottle cap (too fun!) and the sweet punny sentiment :) So glad you could play at Drunken *hiccup* Stampers' 'Finding Nemo' challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...