Monday, February 18, 2013

Fun Rocket Birthday Card

Another birthday card!  We all find ourselves needing birthday cards.  I love challenges that make birthday cards.  I need a lot of boy birthday cards. 

 
 
I made this card for several challenges.  The first part came from a sketch at: http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2013/02/seize-birthday-6-masculine-birthday.html
 
Here is the sketch:
 
 
I liked the clean line of the sketch.  I am finding that my card style might be more clean and simple than I thought.  I used to find making clean and simple was hard.  Now I am finding those are the cards I like the best.  The other part of this challenge is that it has to be a birthday card- CHECK!  And this week is a masculine card- CHECK!  I love that this challenge site uses the sketch twice, one week you create a male card and one week you create a female card.  I love that!!!  Can't wait to play along again!
 
The next challenge was the colors used are from:
 
 
I have to say this was the perfect color challenge for me.  I have never used Tempting Turquoise....EVER.  I am not sure why but I have never used it.  I even commented to someone recently that I needed to TRY and use it...at least once!
I used Tempting Turquoise ink on my new Cloudy Day embossing folder.  I covered the folder with the ink, cut a piece of Whispering White cardstock to my size,  and then ran it through my Big Shot to emboss.  I loved the coverage and leaving just the cloud white. 
 
 
There was a second part of the Dynamic Duos challenge this week and it was Clouds.  I think I have it covered!!
 
My final challenge is from: http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/
 
This week's challenge was UP IN THE AIR.  Covered here as well!!
 
I used my paper piercing pack from Stampin' Up to create the dots around the outside of the card and on the cut out oval. I can't free hand very well and these piercing packs are great.  I really have used all of mine a lot.    I used the new Oval Framelits to cut out the oval. 
The banner was my favorite part.  The stamp was stacked on top of each other and I needed it to be long ways, so I had to ink half of the stamp and stamp it on my banner, then clean it and ink the other half and then stamp it.  I really like the way it turned out.  I have been know to cut stamps to fit my needs as well.  They are stamps and should work for you.  When I do cut them, I use straight lines.  The can be "put back together" on your clear blocks to stamp in their original form if you ever need it.  I am sure this affects the resale value of the stamp set but to be honest, I buy stamps to stamp with!  They are my tools so they should work for me.  If it affects the resale value....IF I ever decide to sell a set, oh well!  I get my use out of stamp as a craft so any resale is just extra!
 
 
 
I love crinkling banners.  I get my banner stamped and inked around the edges, the I crumble them up.  YES!  Like a piece of trash!  Straighten them out and put them on the cards with dimensionals!  I love the effect! 
 
 
 
I also stamped the inside of my card since the sentiment on the front was not very "birthday-ish" I needed a birthday sentiment.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!!  Take a second and follow my blog!!
Michelle!!!
 

12 comments:

  1. OMG love this. I was trying to figure out what paper you used and then saw that you made it. WOWsers what a great idea. I now need to get that folder. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the banner. I like clean & simple cards the best too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the clouds in the background and that paper piercing. Great birthday card.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute, Michelle! glad you played along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! You got great coverage with your turquoise, so much so that it looks like you used turquoise paper...awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these clouds. What a great birthday card. So glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card. ;-) Very clever way to stamp the sentiment and also inking the clouds with the embossing folder. Love it! You've done a great job with your first use of Tempting Turquoise. ;-) Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute michelle

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card Michelle!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the technique you have used with the ink on the embossing folder, the clouds look great! And lots of my favourite technique, paper piercing.... :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work!! I must try this stars and moon, are so beautiful!!! So lovely
    www.plasticcardmonster.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card. really perfect to carry those warm and meaningful birthday card messages to someone we love. thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...