Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bottle & Doily Card

Yellow!!!  One of my favorite colors!  I don't use yellow often but I love it when I do.  To me, yellow just makes a happy layout or a bright and shinning card.  I love yellow!!!  This is a 6X6 card.  I am currently stuck on 6X6 cards!  I love that I can get two cards out of a 12X12 piece of cardstock with no waste.  More than that, I just love the square cards!
 

There are so many pieces of this card that I want to talk about on this blog post.  First I will start with the challenge that I used to create this card.  I used a color challenge to create this card at:
 
I loved these colors.  Midnight Muse is one of my favorite blues ever!  I used a sketch to help create this card from Freshly made Sketches.
 
 
I have gotten tons of comments on the bottle caps that I have used on cards lately.  First off, I used the Stampin' Up Soda Tops .  I love the two sizes that are offered.  Now most of the questions have been about HOW to smoosh them in the Big Shot.  These are SSSSSOOO easy!  
 
 
 

 
 
I use my Big Shot opened to Tab 1.  Now this depends on how tight your Big Shot is.  Some people have better results with NO TABS on their multipurpose platform.  Try both and see what works for you. 
 
 
Put your bottle cap between your two clear plates and run it through your Big Shot.  I like the bottle cap face open side down.  I am not sure if it is my imagination or not, but I think they smoosh better open side down. 
 
 

This is what the bottle cap will look like on your plate when it is smooshed!  My plates are very scratched, if your plates are not scratched, the bottle cap might stick into them a bit, just peel it out.  They won't hurt your plates.  Just always make sure to put the bottle cap BETWEEN your clear plates, NEVER on the multipurpose platform directly!!!
 
 
What you end up with is a perfect smooshed bottle top!!!  You can add punched circles in them- 1" circle punch fits the big bottle cap and the 1/2" circle punch fits the littler size bottle cap.  You can use just DSP, stamp on your circles, add buttons to the top of the caps, anything you can think of!!! Just creative!  The bottle caps are great for layers!   I love them!!! (I love them so much, I just order two more packages of them!!!)
 
 
 
I made my own glimmer mist to color the Stampin' Up doily.  Glimmer mist is very easy to make.  I used a few drops of  Stampin' Up Glimmer Paint- I used Frost. A few drops- if you want more glimmer- add a couple more drops- if you want less glimmer- add less.  I used Midnight Muse reinker (once again, I play with the drops until I get the color depth that I like I used about 7 drops here) and 70% rubbing alcohol.  70% is very important.  90% rubbing alcohol will clog your mister.  I keep 70% just for crafting.  I mist over my sink.  The ink doesn't stick to the my stainless steel sink and I rinse it down as soon as I am done.  Easy clean up for me!
 
 
I used the Stampin' Up Borders Scoring Plate to create the zig zag at the bottom of the card.  In this picture you can also see the honeycomb embossing folder that I used. 
 
 
This stamp set is out of the Spring catalog.  I love it!!!  The whole set is wonderful! 
 
This was a really fun card for me.  The colors were a lot of fun to use!
Hope you enjoyed!  While you are here, follow me!!!
Michelle!!!








8 comments:

  1. I love the colors and the tip about the squashed bottlecap is awesome. I don't own a Big Shot, but I use my friend's all the time. I'll have to let her know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! I actually tried to use yellow last night on a card, and failed miserably, LOL. Will try again tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love that sentiment. Your colors are fantastic and the bottle cap and button look terrific together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have put a lot of work in to this card and the smooshed bottle top is a great idea!

    Great use of the colour challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the challenge colours Michelle. That Doily looks fabulous all shimmer misted. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea colouring the doily - I had not thought of that. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great details on your card, Michelle. Love how you coloured the doily; thanks for the explanation! Thank you for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...