Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bottle Cap Card

This was a fun card to make.  I really didn't know where I was going when I started this card, normally I have it all planned out in my head before I start.  I might have to change around an element or two to make my plan work.  This card was kinda fun to play around with and work it out as I went along!


 
Here is the sketch:
 
 
What a great sketch!!!  I wanted to use bottle caps again.  As soon as I saw this sketch, bottle caps popped in my mind!!!!  I am telling you, smooshing them in the Big Shot.....BIG FUN!!!!!  LOL!!!  (maybe I need to get out more!)
 
 
I had the lace wheel stamp from Stampin' Up since the new catalog came out, but I had never used it.  I think I need to set it on my desk to add a little detail to the background.  It was perfect for this card.  It can add a layer without bulk!  I used Crumb Cake ink so it matched the card base of Crumb Cake.  I used Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla and, Lucky Limeade cardstock.
 
 
 
I love the new stamp set Collage Curios from the new Spring mini catalog.  I love filling those bottle caps!!  But I have had fun seeing what other sets could fit in those bottle caps!  I used the 1" punch to punch out the circles so anything that fits in the 1" punch will work in those bottle caps!
I used another stamp set in this card.  It is on the Elegant Eggplant cardstock, it is a stamp from the You're Amazing stamp set.  I loved the detail around the edge but didn't need the word inside the image.  No problem, I covered it up with the banner and the bottle caps.  I used versamark ink to stamp it.  I love layering stamps!  Great way to use our stamps in your projects in ways that you don't always think about!!! I need to do this in my scrapbooking too! 
 
 
 
 
I had a lot of fun adding all the elements to this card!  Hope you enjoyed!
Michelle!!!

1 comment:

  1. It came out beautifully! I usually don't use a sketch for cards either I just feel them out and hope for something cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...