Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bleach Stamping

If you have followed my blog for awhile, you know that I love trying new things!  Stamping with bleach was something totally new to me!!!  It is old technique but I have never tried it.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to try to stamp directly with bleach or mist with bleach.  I decided to try both!!! 
 
 
I used the sketch from: http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/
 
Here is the sketch:
 
 
 
I love the clean lines!  When I thought about using the bleaching technique, I wanted the bleaching to be the focus-without a lot of embellishments.  This sketch was GREAT to let the bleach really show!
 
For my card, I chose my colors based on two things.  One- I need dark colors for the bleaching to show.  Two- for the Cue Card at: http://casology.blogspot.com/
 
 
Just to stop here and give some advice.  I am always willing to try anything and sometimes my "attempts" don't work out.  I first tried to mist bleach on Stampin' Up Basic Black cardstock.  I am not sure why, but it would not bleach out.  I changed my base color to Grey and had great results!   For the base I used a Stampin' Up mister, and put straight bleach in it and misted it on my card base.  As the bleach dried, it got lighter and lighter.  PERFECT!!!  You can speed up the drying time with your heat tool.
 
 
I really like the effect!!! 
 
 
For the main focus of the card, I used the Oh, Hello set Stampin' Up.  I simply took a bowl and put a folded up paper towel in the bowl.  I poured straight bleach in the bowl and saturated the paper towel to make a "bleach stamp pad".  This is the easiest way and also I can just throw away my "stamp pad" when I am done!!!  I "inked" up my stamp in the bleach and stamped on my cardstock.  I held the stamp on the cardstock for a little longer than normal just to make sure the bleach soaked in. 
 
For the last part of the card, I used the edgelit die to cut out the side of my cardstock.  I also used the matching paper piercing set to add the accent with a Stampin' Up marker. 
I used the challenge at: http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/  when I added the border to the card. 
 
 
 
 
 
Overall, I really had fun using bleach.  I think the misting part was my favorite because I am sure a misting fan.  I think the key when using bleach is to keep it simple! 
Thanks for stopping by!!!  I appreciate all the visitors and comments....and LOVE new followers!!!
Michelle!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great card. Thank you so very much for playing wtih us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cool card.. the beaching technique is pretty neat! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so much braver than I am! Bleach and I don't really get along. I have a few bleach spots on cuffs that can attest to that! Great take on the cue card! Glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh you are so much braver than I am (and I see braver than Meghan too! lol!) This looks amazing! I would have gotten it all down myself for sure! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, I have stamped with bleach before and I must say, you did a great job! So true that the darker the card base the better the results...as you can see with this lovely bleached image on your red card! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...