Sunday, January 13, 2013

Working with Patterns on a beach layout



I used to have a hard time using patterned paper.  Well, using a lot of patterns on the same layout.  I have been working on it, and forcing myself to use patterned paper.  This layout has A LOT of patterned paper on it!!!  I loved all these colors together!  I loved that the colors matched my son's shirt in the picture.  Coordinating
paper lines help me use patterned paper together, this line is from October Afternoon.  Sometimes I break up patterns and have a solid in the middle of it but I didn't think this layout needed it.



This is a picture of my two oldest at the beach with their Godfather. They love Jonathan!!  We went to the docks to get fresh shrimp off the shrimping boats.  Low Country Boil for dinner that night!  YUM!!!  For those that don't know what Low Country Boil is: in a big pot, you put in shrimp, small red potatoes, corn, link sausage or also known as Kielbasa, crab legs if you want...basically anything type of shellfish....put in some spice, a beer,  and boil away!!!  YUMMY!!!  Easy and good!!!  You dip it out and spread it out on newspaper, and go to eatin'!!!  Nothing better than Low Country Boil at the beach. Okay, now I am hungry!!!


Circles!!!  This paper line came with an accessories sheet that had tons of circles, so it inspired all the circles on the layout.  I inked some of the edges to make them pop more.  I need to try this with squares some time!

 I mixed some accessories in on the circles too!  The butterfly was a a punchout that my husband did.  I had my new Stampin' Up butterfly punch on the table.  Clint came by and was playing with it while we were talking and punched out a butterfly out of a piece of scrap  Stampin' Up Summer Starfruit paper.  As he left, he gave it to me.  So silly!!!  He really wants to play with my toys!!!  It matched my layout perfectly!!! I am loving this butterfly punch! Stampin' Up even has a smaller one in the Spring mini catalog.  So cute!!!  

  Popping some of the circles up on dimensionals gave them some interest as well.
The boys are headed to a Gun Show today so I am going to have some crafting time!!!  Maybe I will try some layered squared today!!
Enjoy the last day of your weekend!
Michelle!!!

2 comments:

  1. All the circles are so fun~!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time with patterns also. Your LO's are always great. And the color choices and patterns you use always match.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...