Thursday, January 31, 2013

Less is More Challenge- Simple Chalkboard Card

Here's another card challenge.  This one was harder for me.  Less is More.  I really had to think to keep the card simple.  I am stuck on the chalkboard technique so I wanted to use that again.  Here is my card:
 


I used the Borders Banter Stampin' Up set to create my line at the bottom.  I love this stamp set.  It was available in the Holiday mini, but unfortunately, no longer available.  The "Just for You" sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I love this set!  So many good sentiments in one set.  
I stamped the image in Stampin' Up white craft ink and then embossed it with Stampin' Up white embossing powder.  For the chalkboard effect, I simple took a sponge and rubbed some of the craft ink all over the Basic Black cardstock.  Fun!!!  I used only one embellishment on this card, one of the Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons.  I love this buttons, so pretty.  It worked for this card since the Faceted Buttons are clear, it keeps the card simple.
Here is the sketch from Less is More:


What a wonderfully simple sketch!!!  Keeping my cards simple is something I struggle with.  I end up adding more than I intent.  I always think Simple needs something more.  This was the perfect challenge for me to try.  The sketch forced me to be SIMPLE!!  Love it!!!
You can visit Less is More Here!!!
Great site with some great inspiration!!!



I think the chalkboard effect still worked for simple, since it is still "white space" on my card. 
Hope you enjoyed this Simple Less is More card today!
Michelle!!!

4 comments:

  1. That is cool! It really does look like chalk on a chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to use the chalkboard technique on a truly CAS card...this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effect Michelle!
    The chalkboard technique seems to be de rigeur at the moment!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle.. i love the simplicity if this!! fab card

    thanks for joining us
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...