Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Embossed Swallowtail Card

Happy Wednesday!  The week is almost over!  Does anyone have any great weekend plans?  I am taking my youngest to a Lego party.  He is very excited.  (I hoping to get some crafting done after the party!!!).
Today I am sharing a card inspired out of the Spring catalog.  On page 19, Stampin' Up shows a card done with the Swallowtail stamp.  Beautiful!!  They even gave us quick directions on how to make the image sparkle.  I had to try!!!





The embossed image is :
Stamped in versamark
Embossed with Pool Party embossing powder
Brushed with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint using an Aqua Painter
Heat set!
Easy right???  
I loved the way it looked so I had to try it.  The swallowtail stamp is wonderful!  It is a big stamp,  I found it stamped well and I love that it is such a statement by itself.  I decided not to use any embellies for this card, I really wanted that shimmery butterfly to be the main focus!
 

Here is a different angle which helps to show that glimmery butterfly! CUTE!!!  If you don't have the shimmer paint- it has so many possibilities!!  Well worth it!!!
I used a strip of Real Red Core'dinations Cardstock.  I love this paper!!  I used the Sale-a-Bration Vine Street embossing folder to add a little texture to the cardstock and sanded it!  A quick card but so pretty with that amazing Butterfly!!!  
Michelle!!!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning work, Michelle! - Very striking. Oh, my nephews would be SO JEALOUS of your son!...hope the Lego Party goes well!
    -Jazz
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...