Monday, January 28, 2013

Dynamic Duos Challenge Entry- Something new!!!


Today I am up with something new for me.  A Challenge!  I am excited to enter my first blog challenge.  I have been looking for a challenge that interested me and the Dynamic Duos is PERFECT!!!


This challenge is a color challenge.  Easy, right?  Each week, they post two colors that you can use.  Along with neutrals, these are the only two colors that are allowed on your card, project, or layout.  Okay, so here is my first challenge entry!





This week's colors are Soft Suede and Crumb Cake.  Since Crumb Cake is one of my all time favorite colors, I HAD to try this challenge!  Neutrals are allowed, on this layout I used the Mocha Morning Designer Series Paper (those papers that included Soft Suede and Crumb Cake only), Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla (neutral), and Basic Black (neutral) and First Edition DSP (which would qualify as a neutral since it just has black lettering on it).  

 
I used the Borders Scoring Plate on this layout to put the zigzag down the side of my layout.  This is a great way add interest...and perfect for this challenge since it can add interest without any other color! I have done other blog posts using this new tool, and I am always amazed at how much I love it!  It really is a great tool for the money!!   I also used the new Oh Hello stamp set for my title.  Stamped on Crumb Cake and used Soft Suede ink.  I attached it to the layout using a mini library clip. 



 The circles!!!  I love circles!  The circles have some fun embellishments on them.  I used some of the new mini bottle caps, flatted in my Big Shot. These are so much fun to use!  I can't wait to do some more projects using them!  Using the circle punches and scalloped circle punches, I layered them, inking the edges for added detail.  (used Soft Suede ink)


Aren't those button great??!!  They are also out of the Spring mini catalog.  They are a great silver but I have to say, I was surprised at how heavy these buttons were!  I love buttons that have the normal four holes in them.  Yes, that's my quirk.  Buttons with four holes just look better to me.  I use all types, but I do love it when they have four holes.  Silliness, I know!!

 



I had to punch my circles out of the First Edition DSP getting the K on my circles since the picture is of my son, Kyle!

 

The satin binding is Crumb Cake.  The heart paper clip is out of the new Cute Clips-Elements set.  Cute huh??

 
This layout was a fun challenge to try.  I loved using the challenge colors.  I thought they worked well with the photo since it has such great blues.....look at those blue eyes!!!  So handsome!!!  My baby is growing up fast!  I always think Kyle photographs older than he is.  He is twelve in this picture.  

For any of the products used on this layout, visit my online store:

Click over to Dynamic Duos and see the other entries for this weeks challenge:

Happy Monday!!
Michelle!!!


6 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so glad you played along and I get to feast on this perfect layout! I'm a circle girl too and I lOVE the layers on them. So many lovely details! Thanks for playing with Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job with this! It's gorgeous! What an awesome LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout. ;-) That is a great photo of your son, and I love all the little elements you used to highlight it. Perfect! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! I love all the detail work you did on the left side..very eye catching. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Michelle, this is fantastic. Great layout, heaps of gorgeous detail and fantastic use of the neutral colour scheme. Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on a FB post. Been trying to pin it! It will go on my board as soon as I figure it out. LOL. VERRRRRY CUUUUUTE page.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...