Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cas(e) this Sketch Thank You Card Challenge


Happy Tuesday!  Last night, I got to do some crafting!  I needed a Thank You card for the assistance coach on my son's basketball team.  I have been waiting to try some more challenges, so this seemed like a great time to combine the two together!  I pulled up some of my blog challenges that I have bookmarked and kept looking at this week's sketches.  I wanted to use the school colors on the card so color challenges were out.  Sketch challenges would work well.  I found a sketch that I thought worked well.  I thought and thought, and came up with my idea....off to crafting I went.
Here is my finished card:


The sketch challenge for this card:
 
I loved this clean sketch from Case(e) this Sketch!  I loved the strong lines.  The school colors are green and black.  I felt like I needed to keep the strong vertical and horizontal lines of this sketch, which is what makes it so great!  I used my sentiment as the image since that is the main focus for my card.  To spice it up, I used the popular chalkboard technique for this card.  I have seen so many great cards lately using this technique and I wanted to try it for myself.  So much fun!!!!  And best of all, EASY!!!!
I started with a black piece of paper.  I stamped my images in Stampin' Up white craft ink.  Then I embossed my stamped images with white embossing powder to make it pop even more.  Taking my craft ink on a dauber, I daubed (is that a word) the white craft ink all over the black piece of cardstock making the chalkboard background.  EASY!!!  There are several ways to make the chalkboard background, this is the way I choose to make it on this card.  
 The stamped images are from the new Stampin' Up set Oh Hello.  GREAT set!!!!  

 
I used the Needlepoint Border embossing folder to add a little texture to the horizontal piece of cardstock.  Aren't those Xs so cute!!!!  As a crossstitcher, I had to order this embossing folder!  I am so glad I did.  It adds just a little detail, simple and clean!

 I used the new silver buttons from Stampin' Up out of the Spring mini catalog.  I love these buttons.  I think I need to place another order for some more since I am using them up FAST!!!!  

I have had so much fun playing along with these challenges!  Hope you enjoyed today's card!
Michelle!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great use of that chalkboard technique! I love the pops of green! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great chalkboard card and the green is a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chalkboard!! Could this be any more fun?! I think NOT!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...