Monday, January 21, 2013

8X10 Picture Layouts

If you have followed my blog for awhile, you have seen this picture before.  This is one of the pictures I took for a Father's Day gift.  A total pinterest idea for Father's Day!!  I took each of the boys' pictures wearing their dad's boots, and but them in a frame with a poem about it.  You can find the blog post here:
I love the pictures from that day and printed them in 8X10 as well.  These are two layouts using those photos.  I did these as separate layouts for each of the boys books. The first one is Owen's.


This layout is using up some pieces left over from some October Afternoon paper sets.  I love the vintage feel of the printed paper I used as the base.  It is perfect for the barn! 
 I used some satin binding ribbon on this layout.  It is one of my favorite ribbons to use.  
 

With an 8X10 photo, it takes a lot of room on a layout.  I tried to keep the layers simpler to show off the photo.  
 This chipboard banner was from an accessories pack from October Afternoon.  I love the bunny and the bird ones! How cute are they??!!
 I also used a corner rounder.  I think it is a simple tool but adds a nice effect to your layouts.

The next layout is of my oldest son Kyle. 
 This paper is from the Farm House collection from October Afternoon.  I love the wood background paper that is on the base of this layout.  
 I used a strip of ribbon on the side, and added banners to the top.  Doesn't every layout need banners?
 I love these pictures.  I have some that I have scrapped before of my youngest, those size 14 boots look HUGE on him!!  Funny part, they don't look so big on my 12 year old!  I'm in trouble aren't I??!!!  I took him for basketball shoes before Christmas and he is already wearing size 11.5 mens!!!  At age 12!!!!!!!  
Hope you enjoyed!  It's Monday!  Another busy week!  Hope everyone has a good one!
Michelle!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love these! I have such a hard time scrapping the bigger photos. The banners are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your layouts ROCK! Love the banner on the first one and those pprs mix very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layouts; both are so nicely done! I love the B&W pictures and October Afternoon is one of my favorite paper lines! Also, I agree w/ you every layout needs banners - they are my latest obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE these! The pictures are awesome and you've scrapped them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these layouts...great idea for the pics.! Espcially love how you tied the green seam binding and that cute chipboard banner!! xo Evie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...