Wednesday, January 30, 2013

3 Challenges in ONE Card....I think I am addicted!!!! Birthday Card


I have several cards to get done in the next couple of weeks.  What better way to spice it up and get GREAT inspiration than to use a challenge to get my cards done.  This card is for my sister's birthday which is Friday.  For my OLDER sister!!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!  Just sayin'!!!!  ;)
 
Simple sweet Happy Birthday card.  For the first challenge, I had to use certain Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Very Vanilla and, Pink Pirouette.  This was perfect!  I am a huge fan of crumb cake so sign me up!!!  I don't use a lot of pink, so this helped me use some pink.  Pink Pirouette is a great pink.  I think I need to dig it out and use it more!  And who doesn't like Cherry Cobbler?  If this color ever retires, I might actually be in mourning for days!!!!  Pool Party is so fresh and springy.  Stampin' Up showed a lot of Pool Party in the Spring mini catalog.  I always liked it but honestly didn't use it much until I saw all the samples done with it.  It is a great color!
 This was the first challenge for Fab Friday!

The second challenge was using no pattern paper.  
This one was for Black Tie Friday!  Ok, so it limited my paper choices but I think the colors are so fab from the first challenge I would be okay with no patterned paper.

The first challenge was a sketch challenge: PERFECT!!! I have my colors, my limitations (no pattern paper) and now I have my sketch!  
This sketch is from Retro Sketches . I had all my thoughts and I was ready to create!!


Sorry for the shadow, it is cloudy and rainy here today so horrible lighting!


I used some of the accessories from the new Artisan Embellishment kit from Stampin' Up.  So beautiful!!!  I used the Big Shot and embossing folders to add some interest to the strips on the sketch.  I switched up the sketch just a bit, but you can still see the main elements!  
Thanks for looking!!!  I am having the most fun trying new things with these challenges!  
Michelle!!!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and great job on all 3 challenges! I need to start stacking challenges too because i never have time to make a project for every challenge I want to enter!
    (BTW - Happy B-day to your OLDER sister! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The banners are so fun with the added texture, and the artisan embellishments add so much interest. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so pretty! It's so simple but with the embossed paper that look like ribbons along with with the flower and lace it's so elegant. Thanks for playing with Black Tie Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card, love the embossed paper...Your sister will definitely LOVE IT! Good luck in the challenges!
    -Jazz
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it turned out beautiful! I love the color choices, and embossing the banners is an awesome touch! Thanks for playing along at Black Tie Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch! I love all the texture and embellishments! Thanks for joining us at retro sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the textured banners in lieu of DSP! And the ribbon trim looks just great with your focal piece! I'm sure your sister will love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the different textures you combined on this card. Great sketch too! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...