Saturday, December 8, 2012

Snowman Embossed Card



 
 
Sometimes I buy embossing folders but have no idea how I am going to use them.  I think, I over think them.  Then it struck me, why not use it as the main focus of the card???  Why has it taken me this long to figure this out??  The snowman embossing folder was perfect to try this on!!!  It is so simple!!! I ran the embossing folder through my big shot, add some glimmer mist, add the card stock layers and ribbon (midnight muse) and stamped the sentiment....done, done, done!!! 
 
You know how much I love misting and making my own glimmer mist!  I used Stampin' Up's misters!  These really are the best on the market, and I have tried many!!!  Mister + 70% rubbing alcohol + a little dab of Stampin' Up glimmer paint = a GREAT shimmery spray!!!!  EASY!!!
 
 
I tried to take a picture to show the shimmer, it doesn't show up great in photos but even my husband asked what kind of paper I used!  And he never notices anything!  Just plain Whispering White!!!!  But shimmer sprayed!!!! 
 
 
 
The inside of the card!  I need to play with my embossing folders more, this was to fun and easy!!!
Michelle!!!

5 comments:

  1. Really like this. Thanks for posting.

    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice card love the shimmer on it. great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I am starting to use embossing folders more and more, and I am always amazed at how versatile they really are. Thanks for sharing your great idea! Lovely shimmery card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello: This is such a pretty card. What embossing folder is this?? Love it, really super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...