Friday, December 14, 2012

Another version of the snowflake card

 
When I went on the retreat in November, we did several make and takes.  One of them was a quick and easy snowflake card.  I blogged about it here:
 
  It was so simple but pretty!!!  I wanted to try it with a bigger card- this one is a 5X7 card.  I wanted to try it with different inks as well.  I love the effect of using your clear block.  You ink it up  and stamp it directly on the paper first.  I used So Saffron ink for the clear block stamp.  This takes a little getting used to so use a scrap piece of paper to practice first.  When I was done, I simply cleaned my clear block off with stamp cleaner and it was back to new again!!!  Then I stamped the snowflakes in Midnight Muse which is my favorite blue color!  I misted over the images with some glimmer mist that I made from the glimmer paint and Stampin' Up misters!    Add some bling to the snowflakes and you are done!!!  How simple is that??!!!!  You can add ribbon to this card or keep it simple and plain!!!  This is a great card to mail since it is mostly flat!
 
I think this technique could be used for other stamps and other colors!!!  I will play around with this again one day!!!!
 
Hope you enjoyed!!!!
Michelle!!!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...