Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Retreat- Need a U HAUL!!!!

 
 
Thanksgiving is very close.  So many people are traveling during the holidays.  I am blessed that I don't have to travel now.  We did a lot of traveling when I was a kid for holidays.  It was nice to be able to be around my family and cousins but the trips were LONG!   It got me thinking about traveling and packing.  And I forgot to share my packing pics from the recent retreat I went on.
 
I was going through my pictures and realized that I never posted my retreat pictures.  Every year, there is a local retreat to the Ridgecrest center put on my a fellow demonstrator, Bonnie.  It is held from Thursday to Sunday with options to go only Friday through Sunday.  This year was the first year that I got to go on Thursday.  I loved having the extra day!  It is a great center for the retreat.  It is clean, safe and all food is included!!!  And best of all, a nice big conference room that Bonnie has set up for our scrapping room!  The scrapping room is open 24 hours a day!  If you scrap late, no problem.  If you are an early riser, no problem!  Don't want to sleep at all.....NO PROBLEM!!  There is plenty of room!  Love it! 
The ONLY problem....is figuring out what to bring...and more importantly: how to get it all there!!!!  Bonnie hosts the retreat, she brings all her Stampin' Up stamps, punches, big shot dies, framelits, embossing folders for us to borrow!!!  She has make and takes and classes if you choose to take them.  Just a great time! 
My friend and I went up on Thursday.  We rode together and it was a TIGHT fit!!! Oh, and I have a suburban!!!!  Yes, we filled a suburban with stuff!!!!  And if you can believe it, we left stuff at home!!!  We coordinated so we wouldn't bring the same stuff and to save room.  She brought her Stampin' Up inks, and I brought all my distressing inks and spray inks.  I brought my binder full of framelits.  She brought her cricut.  I brought my embossing folders.  I am not sure how much room we saved!!  We had the car pretty full!!!   There was a possibility that another friend was supposed to come with us, I have to say, it might have been a good thing she didn't come, where was she supposed to sit?!!!!  We were full!!!  I have a rack on top of the car!!!!!   The good news is that we used everything we brought!!  It was a great weekend!!!  Lots of gabbing and lots of crafting!!!  I can't wait until next year!  The retreat is held in November and March.  I have yet to be able to make the March retreat.  This year, I will be in Vegas with my friend!!!  We are heading to a Supernatural Convention....but that's another post!!!!   :)  Any Supernatural fans????
 
Who is traveling this Thanksgiving?  How far??  Driving/flying?
Share!!!
Be Safe!! And Happy Travels!!!
Michelle!!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. We had a great time!!! I can't wait til next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun...I too would have filled the car...don't want to be without something you need. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...