Thursday, November 8, 2012

Rainbow Card and Rainbow Layout


Today I am sharing a card and a layout.  I had seen cards and layouts using edge punches to create a rainbow.  How easy can this be!!!  I loved the effect of a lot of color on a card and layout.  Since I was doing the card, I figured it was a great time to do a layout too!  I already had the paper and the punch so it was just a matter of punching two strips!
 
 
 
I always flip my punches so I can see where I am punching.  This is an old style of Stampin' Up edge punch. 
 
 
 
I used Stampin' Up edge punch to punch out my pieces, and adhered them to my card after sponging the edges with crumb cake ink.  I even had enough pieces to do a whole other card too!!
 
 

I had a piece of ribbon that I loved and tied it with some twine.  I wanted a big statement ribbon, and I think this fit  it perfectly.  It is still neutral which doesn't take away from the rainbow of colors.  I felt like the card needed a ribbon or element to hide the edge of the layers.  It just looked better to me.
 
 
 
I found this little die cut at a local store.  I loved it!!!  I knew it would come in handy for some cards.
 
 
I used my Xryon on my Hello piece.  Just a note, when you use the xryon with letters or words, you have to put them in the way you would read them...or your letter or word will have adhesive on the wrong side.  YUP, I did that one!!!
 
 
 
 
 

This was the perfect picture for this layout with so much color!!  Black and white photos are always my favorite.  Love my three boys!!!
 
Using the brights cardstock color family from Stampin' Up made this very easy to do!  Hope you enjoyed!
 
Michelle!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! The layers of punched colored strips of paper looks amazing! Also that ribbon was a great add-on!
    I've decided I now need a xyron machine! Ugghhh! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...