Sunday, November 25, 2012

Medallion Christmas Ornament

The countdown to Christmas has begun!!!  Here is a quick and easy ornament for your holiday season!
 
 
I started with the Daydream Medallion stamp set.  This is a great set and has tons of possibilities!  This was the first time I used this set and I found something really neat!
 
 
As I got my set out and was separating the stamps out, I noticed the stamp circle out of the middle of the medallion.
 
 
 
 
 I saved the circle that was supposed to be a throw away part of the rubber.  I am not sure how I will use it, but I know I will find a use to have a perfect circle to stamp!!!
 
 

 
 
 
I started by inking up the largest medallion that I wanted.  I used the Illuminate ink.  I think this is one of the best inks Stampin' Up has.  It can be used alone for a glimmer effect or can be embossed with like versamark.  If you emboss with it, it does lose the glimmer effect but I like that I can use one stamp pad for two uses!
 
 
 
This is how the ink looks in the glimmer effect on real red paper.  Pretty but not enough pop for my ornament so I am going to emboss it with gumball green embossing powder.
 
 




Very pretty once the powder is heated.  I love the pop of the gumball green on the real red cardstock.
 
 
I used the Floral Frames Framelits to cut out my layer.
 
 
 
 
The next layer is done on whispering white cardstock.  I took this picture to show you what the illuminate ink looks like on white.  It is very pretty and subtle.  I embossed this layer with the gumball green embossing powder as well and cut it out with the floral frames framelits again.  I layered the two pieces on top of each other using dimensionals to pop up the layers.
 
 
I added some bling to the edges.  Now for the  top layer. 
 
 
The next layer I used the Perfect Punches set.  It isn't a flashy set but all the stamps fit punches which makes it very useful!
 
 
I used the Joy stamp and embossed it as well and punched it out with my scalloped punch.  Now to layer it all up!!!
 
 
I used a hole punch to add a hole for my sweater ribbon in gumball green.  This ribbon is one of my favorites!  It is easy to work with and looks great.  If you haven't ordered it yet, you need to grab it up since it is in the Holiday catalog. 
 
 
Really quick and easy but cute!!!  Hope you enjoyed!
Michelle!!!
 
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...