Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......

I have to confess that I actually put my Christmas tree up the week BEFORE Thanksgiving.  Yes, BEFORE!  I used to put it up the Saturday after Black Friday.With Black Friday, shop till you drop, it really got to be to much to do in one weekend.   Last year, I put it up the week before and it was so much nicer and less stressful.  And the best part, we enjoy the tree for an extra week! 
I figured most of my blogger readers weren't quite ready to see all the Christmas decorating until AFTER Thanksgiving so now I can share it with you!!!  :)



This is my main Christmas tree in daylight.  Yes, I said main tree.  We have more than one in our house, each with its own theme...but those are for another post!!!  Today I am just sharing my main tree! We used to have a bigger tree but after rearranging the furniture every year, I finally bought a thinner one.  It isn't tiny but takes up less room in the family room and  I don't have to move anything for it to fit!


As I said, each tree has an overall theme. The main tree is natural.  My tree topper fits that theme.  Some years I put twigs poking out of the tree, some years, I leave them off.  This year, I left them off.   With the natural theme, I am able to use the homemade ornaments that the boys bring home.  They love seeing their work on the tree.  It also has special ornaments on it from trips we have taken.  It really holds a collection of ornaments that all kinda work together. 


There are not a lot of glass ornaments on the tree, I think there might be four total!  But we do have a lot of natural items on the tree.  This star is oversized and one of my favorites!  You can see the ice skates and the nest with eggs in them!  A little knit ice skater.  My ribbon is something I am working on.  I used these three ribbons for several years.  You can see them in the picture: the netting one which has some gold flecks on it that reflects the light really well, the glimmery green scroll ribbon, and the solid green plaid which doesn't stand out but adds a nice background.  I found some ribbon that I wanted to replace it this, but it was $69/roll....YES per roll.  Now you know why I haven't replaced the ribbon yet!  For $69/roll, they better come and put it ON the tree for me!!!!  Frontgate has some beautiful stuff, but geesh....who buys it at those prices!!!  Even half price, it is to much for RIBBON!!!
Oh well, I might find some this year!  Still on the hunt!





 
 
 
 
These are my very favorite ornaments on the tree for obvious reasons.  I got these ornaments from Pottery Barn for 50% with free monogramming.  I couldn't pass them up!  I ordered several of them when I got them, I ordered from 2007-2014!  I love putting a new one on the tree each year.  I enjoy looking back and seeing how the boys have changed and grew!  I don't always use a professional picture for the frames, just pictures that I like!
 
 
 
 
 
There is quite a variety of ornaments, there is even room for my love of all Things Twilight!
 
 
 
You never know what you will find deep in the tree!  Hello Mr. Bear!
 
 
 
 
 
And of course, we can leave Santa out.  We have several different Santas on the tree!!!  Some are felt, some are on skis and some are wooden Santa faces.  Love them all!
 
 
I love this old time firetruck.
 
 
I love these natural sleds!  They are big and go great deep in the tree.
 
 
I have several of these pretty knit ice skaters in my tree.  I can't remember where I found them but they are one of my favorites.  The colors are so bright and pretty. 
 
 
I even have some Disney on the tree.  I got several of these big characters years ago.  I have Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet.  I put them into the tree but love seeing them in there. 
 
 
This is a special trip ornament that we bought from our Disney trip.  It works for our tree being more vintage looking and they are on a sled!!!
 
 
There are even owls are on the tree!
 
 
And if we have Santa, we need Elf shoes!  These are so cute!!  I have to say, one year I noticed my middle son wearing them playing beside the tree....seriously?? I wish I had gotten a picture of it!!!   He is to big to wear the Elf shoes now but he still remembers putting them on!!!  There really is no telling about the silly stuff Owen will do!!!
 
 
 
This is the tree glowing at night.  It is always a work in progress.  Small changes from year to year.  But overall, I love it!  They boys enjoy finding their favorite ornaments on the tree. 
How is your Christmas decorating going?  Do you have a theme tree or a color scheme?
I'll be sharing the other two trees in the house soon!
Michelle!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love it Michelle! ~Angie McKinney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie!!! I love decorating Christmas trees!!!!

      Delete
  2. OMGoodness! I barely have the energy to decorate 1 tree!!!
    Can't wait to see the rest (you overacheiver!!LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am tired from just looking. Dang girl! I love them. I haven't managed to decorate the past ten years. Every year I think it will be the year... well, it 's not going to be this year either, but I did get a live 21 inch tree in here to give me a little festiveness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...