Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving- a Thanksgiving Card


Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
 
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! 
Because it is Thanksgiving, I thought I would share my last fall/Thanksgiving card.   I have to say this is the first year I have done Thanksgiving cards but I had a lot of fun doing them!
 
 

I started using the Countryside stamp set.  (#120495).  I love this set.  It is the perfect fall/harvest set!  I stamped the truck in versamark and then embossed it in Early Expresso embossing powder.  If you don't have Early Expresso embossing powder, you might want to grab it up.  It is a great dark brown color for your embossing.  It is in the Holiday catalog so it is unknown whether we will see this color in the regular catalog or not.  I colored in the apples in the back of the truck and added just a little bit of green to the grass underneath the truck.    I cut the truck out using the Labels collection framelits.
  Someone asked the other day, if framelits are worth the investment.  YES!  Double YES!!!  I hate to fussy cut anything out.  And I love layering.  With framelits, layering is EASY!!!  They are easy to store. (I have a blog post about how I store my framelits in a binder)  I find more and more uses for my framelits.  I would say I use framelits on 85% of my projects.  I love the stamp sets that coordinate with the framelits but get creative, other ones work as well!  Think journaling spots!  I just love them!
 
 

I picked out the colors I wanted to use for my bases.  I used More Mustard,  a piece from the Orchard Harvest DSP, and a piece of the coredinations Early Expresso paper.  I embossed the coredinations paper with an embossing folder and then sanded it.  I love playing with coredinations paper!
 
 
Because the cardstock, More Mustard, is a light color, I don't need to add a layer of white cardstock to write on.  I did add a pumpkin vine to the inside of the card for some interest.  The vine is from the Full of Blessings set (#128081) out of the Holiday catalog. 
 
 
 
 
Here is the back of the card.  I had this "hallmark"  stamp for awhile.  Figured I would mix it up a bit and add it!  I also used one of my personalized stamps "Created by Michelle".  I liked the deer on it for this card since it is a fall card, the deer seemed right to use!!
 
Now for the front of the card!!! 
 
 
Here is my finished card.  I added the Give Thanks sentiment from the Full of Blessings set.  I think it fit in the space I had well but you could leave it off as well.  I added a piece of Island Indigo ribbon and a ribbon slide (in the Holiday catalog!) and add some twine as well! 
So, my question for today is:  What are YOU thankful for in your life???
 
My answer:  My boys....all four of them!  Clint, my husband and best friend.  Kyle, my oldest son who is growing up and growing  TALLER than me quickly!!!!  Owen, my middle son.  I just have to giggle at him, he will mess with his brothers and laugh his butt off!  I get him....he is a mini-me!!!!  LOL!!!  And Jesse, my baby!!!  He is so precious!  The 26 week old preemie that fought to be here!  Six years later, you wouldn't know that he started out at 2.2lbs!  We have been blessed!! 
Michelle!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card, Michelle! And that Hallmark stamp is so funny. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...and I love your site! I am looking forward to exploring your blog and visiting often. Happy Holidays! :)

    Rhonda
    (Mom to three boys too! :) )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...