Saturday, November 24, 2012

ConExpo Construction Layout


Happy Saturday bloggers!!!  I am sharing a ConExpo layout today.  What the heck is the ConExpo???  If you have anything to do with the construction business, you know!  If not, it is the world's largest construction convention!  I think it ranks as the largest convention out of all conventions!  It is a HUGE convention every three years in Las Vegas.  It takes up the whole convention center inside and outside parking, outside parking lots of surrounding hotels, and some of the surrounding hotels conference rooms.  It is a LOT of walking but tons to see!
My husband and I own two construction companies.  One is a grading contractor and one is a concrete recycling facility.  For us, the convention is a great source of information.  We love it.  My kids, who have gone since they were babies, love it.  Yes, I have taken my three month old to this convention.  We have drove from North Carolina to Las Vegas three times now.  It is three days of driving but we make stops along the way.  It is a week long convention where the construction manufactors  reveal their biggest and best!  They have shows, big name celebs, give aways, contests, equipment rodeo, anything and everything!
This is a layout from one year when we went.  My oldest was about five and my middle son was about three months old.  What kid wouldn't like climbing on all this equipment???? He had a blast!!!!
 
 

I thought the yellow, black and grey colors worked well for this layout.  I used the tasteful trims die for the squiggle in middle.   (item #120893)  When I ordered this die, I thought it was cute but had no idea how much I could use this die.  I ordered this as part of my order when I went on the retreat.  We receive $65 Stampin' Up credit to order and then get we got our merchandise at the retreat.  I bought this die then.  My friend and I used this die a lot all weekend long!  The best part is that there are some many options.  Even the scraps from the die can be used.  I have to say, if you are thinking about this die, don't think anymore!!!  ORDER it!  You will find a lot of uses for it!!!
 
 
The title work was cut out with the cricut.  I add some pearl pen dots to make it stand out a little bit more.
 
 
The kraft embellies were left over from a paper pack that I had.  It was my goal to use up some of the accessories.
 
 
I did the journaling with these type stickers.  Not sure what company makes these but they have been great stickers.  They have tons of letters and about three sheets of these stickers!  They are to small to use as titles but they work well for journaling or labeling.
 
Hope you enjoyed the layout today! What are your weekend plans??  I am working on some projects today and a big blog post about my Christmas trees!  Keep your eyes open for it soon!!
Michelle!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the design and the mix of colors/paper. Love that banner too. I just got back from shopping. I went to J's, they had all Fiskar's 60% off. Can you believe it? Last year I got a bunch of punches for 60% off and saved a ton. I plan on making a few layouts tonight with my new goodies. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you put in this layout. I just finished two layouts last night while I watched a movie on netflix i did some scrapbooking on my small tv dinner stand, hehehe. I like how both came out. I posted both on my blog. Which you probably seen and also in my gallery on scrapbook.com
    I think it fun that you go to your convention by car. Make a family roadtrip out of it. I never been on a roadtrip before. If I do go on a roadtrip it might be to go visit a guy I'm talking to. Well have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...