Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Washi Tape Card


I love Washi tape!!!  There are so many color choices and so many patterns!  If you don't know, Washi Tape is just basically decorative tape.  You can find it everywhere!!!
 
 


There are so many uses for Washi tape. You can use it to tape down a picture in a scrapbook, or use it as a decorative layer in your scrapbook.  I have also seen GREAT projects with Washi tape on pinterest.  How about decorating your pumpkins with Washi tape?  I might have to try that one!
 
On to my project:  I wanted to make a quick card using up some scraps that I had from all the cards I have made lately.  With that in mind, my color choices were obviously...HALLOWEEN!!! 
 
 
I started with my cardstock Very Vanilla.  I wanted to layer on the Washi tape.
 
 
I just layered the tape strips on and cut them into banners.  Banners should never be even, they look better at all different lengths.  I love how using non Halloween Washi tape mixed with very Halloween Washi tape worked!
 
 
Now to cover up the top part of those banners!  I used my much loved Stampin' Up chevron embossing folder!  I love love love this folder!!
 
 
I used the Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set.  I just picked out some cute guys out of this set and layered them on Tangerine Tango circles....and ink those edges!!!
 
 
 
I also layered my chevron embossed piece with some Tangerine Tango as well to make it pop more.
 
 
I add this to my card base and added a little bling..and I have a quick and easy Halloween card!!! 
What is your favorite use for Washi tape?
Michelle!!!
 


7 comments:

  1. Love this! Washi and banners and chevrons are my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try Washi tape but it looks so fun to work w/!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool for a minute I thought you were at my friends house who found a whole hidden draw full this weekend! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great idea! I have washi tape on my craft table just staring at me, waiting to be used. Thanks for the inspiration to start using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice I saw these in the store... I might have to pick some up and see what I can come up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...