Thursday, October 25, 2012

School Layout- Mentor



Happy Thursday!!!  Wow, these have been some busy weeks!  My older son plays soccer for his school. After this week, he will finish up the soccer season and head into the basketball season.   My middle son was on a junior basketball team for the school.  Fall Festivals, Church BBQs, school work, appointments, and oh work too!!!  Running, running, running!  I can't complain, not one bit!  It has been wonderful for both of them!  I have enjoyed it, they have enjoyed it, win win for all!!!  Sometimes when I get so busy, I forget to enjoy the small moments.  That's what my layout is about today.  Enjoying the small things.
 

This picture was taken of my older son and my middle son in school.  My children go to a Montessori school.  There are so many positives to Montessori...this is one of them! Montessori is all about the older kids mentoring the younger ones.  It is important to be a leader.   How proud I am to say that those are my boys!  They don't always get along, very often, they argue.  Kyle does not want his younger brother following him, he finds his younger brother annoying as many tweens do.  Owen looks up to Kyle.  He wants to do all the things Kyle can do. 
This picture was taken by one of Owen's wonderful teachers!  She texted it to me!  How proud am I??!!!!!!!  Kyle is in 5th grade and Owen is in 1st grade in this picture.
 
 
 
I love this tape. It is already distressed!!!  You can also see the distressing on the edges in this picture. 
 
 
One of my favorite tools is the tiny attacher.  It is so helpful!  I used it to attach the ribbon to the layout.
 
 
This is my title & subtitle.  I love big titles but sometimes big titles don't work. I loved these little cards that came with the paper pack.  I love taking paper and cutting it up to get some elements out of it.  Even the A+ star was on the page, I fussy cut it out and popped it up with some dimensionals.  I am not a huge lover of my handwriting but it is mine.  I am sure one day my kids will be glad I hand wrote  so much in my albums!
 
 
Here is my journaling for the layout.  Sometimes my layouts don't need titles.  But I would say 99% of my layouts have journaling.  If nothing more than a date and names.   I always try to journal.  I would say journaling is probably the MOST important element in my albums.  How has Fall kept you busy?  Getting any crafting done?
Michelle!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...