Monday, October 15, 2012

Owl punch funny card


I saw a card on pinterest that I HAD to try!!!!  ADORABLE!!!
Here is a link to the original card:
 
I loved it!!!  I have had the Stampin' Up owl punch since it was first released.  It is so cute!!!!  This is the first card I made with it though! 
 
 
 
I started with a crumb cake base.  It was the perfect fall/owl color!
 
 
My first thought was to get out my owl stamp and use it with my owl punch and make it even quicker. If you were lucky enough to get this stamp set during Sale-a-bration, you know what a great set it is! (Sale-a-bration is a once a year Stampin' Up sale- GREAT deals!!!  Normally the sale is sometime in the first quarter of the year!). 
 
I stamped my owl after I had colored him with Stampin' Up markers.  I decided this wasn't the way I wanted my owl to look so I decided to use my punch and build the owl.  See, stampin' and crafting is a trial and error!!! I'll save him for another project or give him to one of the boys to use!
 
 

I needed two owls so I punched out all my pieces.  With this punch you have to punch all the pieces, so you end up a lot of extras.  I try and put my paper in the punch at an angle to punch out just the piece I need. 
 
 
I normally use adhesive or liquid glue when crafting.  These little owl pieces are small so I find using my Xryon is much easier!  These little Xryon machines are not expensive.  This one only does pieces smaller than 1.5" big but it is great for those small pieces or letters.  TIP: When using a Xryon, especially letters, make sure you put the pieces in AS YOU WOULD USE THEM SIDE UP!!!!  Ask me how I know!!  LOL!!!  Xryon makes them into mini stickers!  EASY!!!
 
 
I built my owls one at a time.  I needed one mad owl and one kooky owl! Changing the eyes helped me get that look.
 
 
Here are my finished owls.  I added eyebrows to make one owl made and one owl kooky.  The eyebrows I just cut a strip out of basic black paper and trimmed it down, and ran it through the Xryon.  Aren't they cute!!!
 
 
This weekend, I bought this tree branch die at a local scrapbooking store.  This project was the PERFECT place to use it...my owls needed a place to sit right??? I ran this through my bigshot!
 
 
Sorry about the pictures, I edited these but for some reason, some are turning on me when I post them.  And don't ask me how the heck that happens!!!  Anyways, here is where I build up my base to add layers.
 
 
Now here is the best part.....I really liked the sentiment on this cased card.  But I didn't own the stamp......well, that's because it doesn't exist!!!  It was printed out on a computer!  So simple!!!  I printed the sentiment in several sizes so I could pick which size worked best.  When I printed it, I printed on white paper.  I needed to distress my sentiment banner so I used some distressing inks so it would match my card.
Here is my finished project.  I LOVE THIS!!!!
 
 
I added one of the new brushed bronze buttons from the holiday catalog and card is done!  So cute!!!!!
Let me tell ya, with three boys, this was a HOOT in my house!!! 
Michelle!!!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...