Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Last Halloween card of the season, Just SCRAPS!!


So if you have been following along with me during this Halloween season, you know that I have enjoyed making Halloween cards.  So with much sadness, I'll post my last Halloween card of the season......(no promises though, I might sneak another one in here and there!!!!).    Since it is the end of Halloween season, I wanted to use up this year's Stampin' Up paper pack.  I love this paper.  Great colors!  Great patterns!!  Just loved it!!! 
 
 
This is literally all I have left!!!  So this was my challenge: to make another Halloween card using up my scraps!
 
I picked out my stamp set that I wanted to start with.
 
 
This has been one of my favorite stamps out of the holiday catalog.
 
 
In keeping with my scrap theme, my card base is from left over scraps too.  This is a embossed piece but I could have easily embossed a piece of Basic Black.  I wanted to try something I never do on a card, I rounded the edges with my Crop-a-Dile Corner Chopper.  Not sure why I never think to do this but I like it and will probably try to use it more. 
 
 
I had been looking through the Stampin' Up catalog and had been looking at the Blue Ribbon stamp set.  That inspired me to try and make a Halloween ribbon.  I stamped and punched out my favorite guys from the stamp set.  I inked around the edges.
 
 
Here's my ribbon!
 
 

In digging around finding my scalloped punch, I saw my ribbon border punch.  Love this punch since it punches out pieces that look exactly like the ribbon SU sells!!!  Still using scraps, I punches out four "ribbons" and put them at the bottom of my card.
 
 
So this is the part of my card that was unplanned, as most of my cards start out.  I put my ribbon on the card with my four layers of ribbons at the bottom and it needed something.  But what???  A sentiment.  Then I remember my Border Banter set!  I love this set!  It can add just a little something extra.  A great accessories stamp set! 
 
 
Still keeping with using scraps, I stamped my SPOOKYCREEPY CRAWLY stamp and made a ribbon out of it.  Inked the edges to make it look more worn.  Now to put it on my card.  It didn't look right.......until I smooshed it and warped it to look like a ribbon!!!
 
 
 
If you noticed, I had to go back and add scraps of black paper to the bottom of my ribbons, they didn't stand out against the patterned paper enough, it was a quick and easy fix!!
 
 
 
I added a small button and DONE!!!
Thanks for stopping by today!!
Michelle!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this one. So perfect for a scraps card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Love the "smooshed" ribbon piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...