Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Illuminate ink for your Halloween cards!


I love the new Stampin' Up Illuminate Glimmer Watermark pad.  When I saw it in the holiday catalog, I knew I had to order. It is kinda hid in the holiday catalog, I think it took me two or three passing through the catalog before I noticed it.   My order came, now what to use it on?  The Illuminate Glimmer Watermark pad is subtle.  It is kinda like versamark but with a shimmer to it.  I tried it on white, it was a very pretty effect.  Tried it on Midnight Muse, it was pretty. You can use it to emboss on as well just like versamark but it does lose the glimmer effect when used that way but if you are out of versamark, you can use it instead!  
 I sat down to make another Halloween card....can one have to many Halloween cards??  I wanted to use the spider in the Googly Ghouls set and my spider web embossing folder.  I played around for  a bit and then it hit more to put my spider web on black paper.  After looking at my web, it was to plain and didn't stand out.  That's when I thought of the new Illuminate Glimmer Watermark pad!!!!  It came be applied lightly to the raised part of the web with a sponge. 
 
 
Not sure if you can see the glimmer effect but it is nice and shows up wonderfully on black!!!!  Pull this pad out and get a start on your Halloween projects!  I love the effect on black! The web looks webby!!!  (yes, webby!!!.....I think I made up a word today!!!)
 
The next part of my card was easy, simple stamp the spiders in the mason jar from the Perfectly Preserved set. (and make cutting easy with the Cannery Framelit set!) I LOVE mason jars!  I find myself hunting through my stamp sets to find "things" to put in my mason jar!!!  I also stamped a lone spider to put on the web and fussy cut him out!  My goal was to use the googly eyes on the lone spider to make his eyes stand out....as if he is SCARED to see his buddies in the jar.....yes, I have an odd sense of humor!!  LOl!!!  The only good spider is a dead spider....or a SCARED spider!!! 
 
 
 
 
 I added the top of the mason jar cut out with the framelits and added some twine.  Add two banners at the bottom, one of ribbon (1/2" Striped Stain Ribbon in the Holiday catalog) and one banner of tangerine tango cardstock!  And the card is done!!!!  What do you think?  SCARED spider??? 
Michelle!!!


Card Recipe:
:Stamp Sets Used  Googly Ghouls, Spooky Bingo Bits, Perfectly Preserved

Ink Used: Stampin' Up Basic Black and Stampin' Up Illuminate Glimmer Watermark pad

Paper Used: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP

Other: Framelits- Cannery Set, twine, 1/2" Striped Ribbon from holiday catalog, Spider Web Embossing Folder

 


4 comments:

  1. very kool and so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've trapped me in your web with this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! I too just got the Illuminate pad and have visions of Christmas cards. Looks like I'll have to give it a try for Halloween too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card and love the "scaredy spidey" as well as the shimmery webby looking web!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...