Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gnome Home


I bought the stamp set Gnome Sweet Gnome and the matching sentiments Gnomenclature awhile ago and had never used it.  This weekend, I thought of the perfect card for these sets!!!  I was actually trying to come up with a project to use my Cottage Window stamp set and thought of making a Gnome house!  But I wanted to use the Cottage Window stamp set, so it would have to be from the inside of the Gnome house.  I had thought about making furniture but decided to keep it simple.
 
 


 I started out with the Cottage Window set.  It is so cute!!!  I stamped the window in Early Expresso on Whispering White.
 
 
I colored the fall leaves in the window with Stampin' Up markers after it was stamped.  I love Fall!!!  I just picked colors that I liked for the leaves.
 
 
My next steps were to use my woodgrain embossing folder and the new Early Expresso Coredinations cardstock and then sand the woodgrain.  I love this technique.  It is simple and adds so much to a card!  The new Coredinations cardstock is very fun to play with!  I also stamped the Gnome out of my Gnome Sweet Gnome set in Early Expresso and colored him using Stampin' Up markers, then fussy cut him out.  I added some of my FREE (September ribbon promotion!) gumball green ribbon to the bottom and adhered my house to some Real Red cardstock and inked the edges with a sponge.  I realized when I posted this, I didn't take pictures of those steps.....I think I got distracted and involved in the card and forgot!!!!  GEESH!!!
 
 
My card still needed something.  Then, I thought about my new set I just bought Lovely Little Labels.  This set is SSSSSOOOO cute!!!  Of course, I had to get the matching punches too!!
 
 
Aren't those punches adorable!!!!!  When I first saw this set in the catalog, I thought it was cute but what would I use it for??  I think this little set adds just the right amount of "something" to projects.  I have seen it used for little tags hanging from twine.  I finally ordered it and I am so glad!!!!  These are my new favorite punches!!!
 
 
 
I stamped the mini label stamp and added the key inside it, and then punched it out.  I just can't get over how cute these are!!!! 
 
 
I added the key to the card.  I thought it still needed something, so I added the hearts to the corners which is in the Lovely Little Labels set as well.  My card needed a sentiment, and I wanted to use the Gnomenclature set.  This picture is important because you can see one of my best tips, when added a sentiment to your ALMOST finished card, it is tricky.  You can mess up and then your whole card is bad.  I use a scrap piece of  paper to stamp the sentiment first.  I do this to make sure the sentiment is in the right direction.  That seems funny to say, but yes, it has happened!!!  I can fix a lot of errors, or place an embellishment over an OOPPSS...but I can't fix it if my sentiment is upside down!!!  Stamp on scrap paper first!!! 
 
Now to add to my card base, and yes, I am using Crumb Cake!
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you liked the new Gnome Home card!
Michelle!!!

1 comment:

  1. THat is too stinkin' cute. I love me some gnome. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...