Friday, October 5, 2012

Ghouls are all AROUND!!!!!




Yes, I am sharing another Halloween card.  I can honestly say I am not sick of making them yet!!!  Are you sick of them yet??  I hope not, we have more days in October so I am gonna be on a Halloween kick while I can!!!
Sometimes when I sit down to do a card, I think I miss the simple idea.  I get to caught up in a technique that I want to try, or using a certain product or paper color, that I forget, simple.  I have done several cards with the Googly Ghouls.  I just love these little guys.  I had an idea for a Halloween card, what if I just use the stamp all over the card.  Not setting up a scene for my little ghouls but just showing the ghouls!!  And my idea was born....off to the crafting table I went!!
 
 

I started with my standard base color that I always seem to go to: Crumb Cake.  I have ordered three packages of this color at a time before!  I love it.  This is Stampin' Up's kraft color.  I also wanted to use my new newsprint Stampin' Up DSP: First Edition.  I will say, I was surprised by this paper when I opened it.  I am used to heavier paper from Stampin' Up.  This is thinner paper.  I thought I would be disappointed with it.  I was WRONG!!!  The thinner paper works GREAT with the newsprint and distressing, and layering!!!  Now I know why so many people use this paper pack!  It is super easy to work with, tears and distressing wonderfully, and being lightweight works great for layers without tons of bulk!!!  I have used this paper on my last three projects!!!  I think it might be my new favorite!!
 
 
This was my next layer, the black panels that my ghouls would be on.  I used the new Stampin' Up Illuminate watermark pad for the ink.  I have used this ink on other projects and have loved it!  This is probably one of my most favorite buys out of the holiday mini catalog, I keep find more and more uses for it!!!  I liked this pictures because it does show the shimmer on the witch good in different light, you can see the mummy is slightly less shimmery in this picture, so  with different light, the shimmer shows differently and that is why it is I think this pad hasn't gotten tons of attention.  But it is very pretty!  Okay, back to my project!!!!  ;)
 
 
I add my ghouls to another layer of paper, I used Cherry Cobbler and Silver Shimmer Paper.  My card still needed something.  Then I thought about the tiny tags stamp and punch set I had just bought on my last order.  Jewelry tag which is the punch and the tiny tag stamp have been on my wish list FOREVER!  I used my hostess dollars from my last order to get them for free!!!  (Any online order over $150 qualifies for hostess dollars which can be used on hostess sets OR regular merchandise).  I love the little BOO! that fits on this tiny tag!!!
 
 
I used some very thin twine that I had, and strung my tags on the twine!  Now just to add my tags to the card!!!!
 
 
The glimmer paper doesn't show up in the picture well but the middle panel is glimmer paper which is quite sparkly in real life!!! 
 
I hope you liked my card today! Happy crafting!
Michelle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...