Friday, October 19, 2012

Dinosaurs!



I wanted to do a card with the Dinoroar set.  I love these dinosaurs!!!  They are so cute!!!  If you have any kids in your life, your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, you need this fun set!!!
 
 
I started with my crumb cake base and another layer out of the World Spectacular DSP.  I inked the edges of my layer.
 
 

I used my scalloped square punch  to cut out pieces of my DSP.  I wanted to show all the dinos on one card so this base worked  best.
 
 

I stamped my dinos in Cherry Cobbler ink.  If you notice, I don't have clear full stamped image.  I didn't need it.  I just need good ink coverage for the dinos faces!
 
 
I punched out the dinos with a smaller straight square punch and inked them around the edges as well.  Then I layered them onto the scalloped squares.  Some people ask exactly what size punches to use, or measurements.  Here's the deal, you use what looks good to YOUR eye.  I wanted to see more of my background paper here because I am not using a lot of layers of embellies.  On the next card, I might use the next size up punch and get a thinner mat edge.  Don't be limited!  Try different things.  You will be surprised what you can do!!!
 
 
 
I added my ribbon to my layer! This is one of my favorite Stampin' Up ribbons.  I just love it!
 
 
 
I added my layer to my card base layer.  I also added some perfect pearls to the bottom and three to the top.   I did not add a sentiment because I will add one as I need to use this card.  It might be a birthday card, or a just saying Hello card. 
Hope you enjoyed my dinosaur card!!
Michelle!!!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...